Has anyone studied Business and marketing in University? Watch

Jewel289
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I’m really interested in studying business and marketing or really any business course when I go to Uni and I was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about it if you have done this yourself.
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I currently study Business Management with a year in industry in my 4th year, but I did not choose the marketing pathway. Although the course wasn't the most enjoyable for myself. (I took the risk of doing Business without doing it prior to university) One of the biggest benefits I had was I had the flexibility to choose modules from Accounting, Finance, Economics and also Business. The sheer variety of Business Management made it applicable to a lot of graduate positions. What universities are you interested in?
Jewel289
Rep:
?
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
I currently study Business Management with a year in industry in my 4th year, but I did not choose the marketing pathway. Although the course wasn't the most enjoyable for myself. (I took the risk of doing Business without doing it prior to university) One of the biggest benefits I had was I had the flexibility to choose modules from Accounting, Finance, Economics and also Business. The sheer variety of Business Management made it applicable to a lot of graduate positions. What universities are you interested in?
I saw the course I liked in the Edinburgh Napier university but I’m up for going to any uni in Scotland that has a good business course.
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you do take the course, I encourage you to do a work placement as it will make you stand out in the job market. Especially since Scottish university courses are 4 years compared to 3 in England.
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Jewel289)
I’m really interested in studying business and marketing or really any business course when I go to Uni and I was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about it if you have done this yourself.
Hi Jewel289,

Great to hear you are interested in studying a business and marketing course at University. I would really recommend Lancaster University. I am a current student here and am thoroughly enjoying it. I am on the Marketing Management programme which includes a placement year.

Studying in Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) means you get to take part in the larger University flexible scheme allowing you to study modules from other departments and the wider management school. For example, I have taken modules in psychology, management and organisational behaviour, leadership, project management and sustainability which included a fieldtrip to Singapore in which I attended the World Business Council for Sustainable Development annual meeting - just one of the fabulous opportunities available.

This is all in addition to studying marketing modules including consumer behaviour, advertising, market research to name a few!

If you are interested in looking into business and marketing courses at Lancaster University then please check here.

I wish you all the best with you course search and if you have any specific questions about courses or Lancaster then please get in touch, would be great to hear from you!

Rebecca
2nd Year Marketing Management Student & LUMS Student Ambassador
Jewel289
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Hi Jewel289,

Great to hear you are interested in studying a business and marketing course at University. I would really recommend Lancaster University. I am a current student here and am thoroughly enjoying it. I am on the Marketing Management programme which includes a placement year.

Studying in Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) means you get to take part in the larger University flexible scheme allowing you to study modules from other departments and the wider management school. For example, I have taken modules in psychology, management and organisational behaviour, leadership, project management and sustainability which included a fieldtrip to Singapore in which I attended the World Business Council for Sustainable Development annual meeting - just one of the fabulous opportunities available.

This is all in addition to studying marketing modules including consumer behaviour, advertising, market research to name a few!

If you are interested in looking into business and marketing courses at Lancaster University then please check here.

I wish you all the best with you course search and if you have any specific questions about courses or Lancaster then please get in touch, would be great to hear from you!

Rebecca
2nd Year Marketing Management Student & LUMS Student Ambassador
Thank you for the reply! Sounds very interesting, I’ll have a look now
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Jewel289)
Hello Jewel289 :thumbsup:

It is fantastic that you already have a subject in mind that you wish to study at university. There are many universities throughout the UK who offer Business and Marketing courses, separate and combined and undergraduate and postgraduate (if you want to go onto further study afterwards). I would recommend that you have a browse at the different options available and see how the course content varies between them to see which topics appeal to you.

I studied a combined undergraduate degree of Business Management and Marketing at Liverpool Hope University and I really enjoyed it! 50% of my time was spent studying Business Management. Topics included; Economics, Financial Accounting, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Operations Management, Management Science and Globalisation. The other 50% of the course was based on Marketing. Some of the modules I studied were; Branding, Social Media, Market Research, Neuromarketing, Advertising, Sensorial Marketing and Consumer Behaviour.

There are also plenty of internships and placement opportunities within the Liverpool Hope Business School. For example, during my second and third year I worked on a project with the Crowne Plaza hotel to develop and improve their Social Media marketing. I am sure other universities will provide similar work experience for their students and you can always contact them to find out about what they have to offer.

If you have any questions about Business, Marketing or university in general just sent a pm!

I hope this helps

Amy
Business Management and Marketing Graduate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.08%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.54%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.26%
It might lead to more bullying (142)
38.69%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.43%

Watched Threads