jobs at Lancaster Watch

maks392
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi there I got an offer from Lancaster University, I really want to study there, but I am wondering what are the chances to find a job there?
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by maks392)
Hi there I got an offer from Lancaster University, I really want to study there, but I am wondering what are the chances to find a job there?
Hi there,

I'm a 3rd year at Lancaster and I have had a job the last 2 years so I think I can share some insight. There are jobs in the city that will require students but you need to keep a keen eye on these as they tend to advertise in the summer when they need to replace students that have graduated. I personally found that a job on campus would be more convenient for me as I knew I would be living on campus in 1st and 3rd year so it would be right on my doorstep! Even when I was living off campus I could just start my shift at the end of my lectures and head home later when I finished. For the last 2 years I have worked as bar staff on campus, student ambassador and digital content ambassador- so there is plenty out there!

My main source for finding a job on campus was the 'jobs' section on the iLancaster app. It is regularly updated and advertises short term and long term jobs such as becoming a student ambassador, retail and bar staff, promotional work etc. It also advertises internships and grad jobs within the University to really boost your CV. One thing to remember is time management. Whether you get a job on campus or in town, the job should be flexible enough that you can still focus on your studies!

Congratulations on your offer and I hope this helps!

Maddy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Feb '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?