How do I get the motivation to study?

Watch
AzzyArslan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I pretty much winged my GCSEs and got mostly Bs with an A and a couple of Cs (I don't even know how I got Cs in computer science and Spanish lol I should've got Us coz I can't code to save my life and I can speak very little Spanish). Anyway, I'm on my second year of A-levels and I'm in trouble. I've never had to revise much before to achieve the results I wanted but now I'm stuck because I can't revise. It's the worst thing ever, I'd rather sit in a chair doing nothing than revise. My parents have tried taking away distractions in an attempt to make me revise but it hasn't worked. I have huge ambitions and dreams but they can't be achieved without studying. Please help me. Please.

Adam_tsr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you tried small things like using classical music whilst studying. This is quite cheesy but before I revise sometimes I play motivational videos to get me in the mood lol. Also, take regular breaks and maybe try going for a walk or doing some exercise before sitting down to revise
setarexhx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well, you have to want to study to study..simple. Think about your goals and ambitions and maybe that’ll motivate you. Just start small. Maybe doing 30-40 minutes then you can work up to doing more hours. Try to make revision fun and not like a chore. Watch some revision videos relevant to what you’re studying. Etc
I'll_Be_Bastion
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Studying is 10% motivation, 90% discipline. You cant rely on motivation alone to study. You have to be disciplined, as in make a study schedual and follow it. When you are studying turn off the phone and don't touch it till you finish.
Elise1995
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe first find out what kind of learner you are. Visual, Auditory, or Kinesthetic (doing). http://www.educationplanner.org/stud...les-quiz.shtml. Exercise can help you study https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...s-201404097110. Taking short breaks every so often will help you retain the infomation better and rest your brain. Teaching somebody is a very good way to study, seeing as you need to know the content to be able to teach it. In the end find what method is best suited for you. Research.
AzzyArslan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Wow. Just wow. Every reply to this post is very constructive and informative. I was expecting haters but there isn't any. Thank you all so much. Hopefully I can get my act together before my exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (501)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (620)
41.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.56%

Watched Threads