The Student Room Group

School grades

I go to a school that’s probably average in education, would like to ask whether if I get high grades in the school would mean that they are not as high in other much better schools. Sorry if this didn’t really make sense.
Original post by LN05
I go to a school that’s probably average in education, would like to ask whether if I get high grades in the school would mean that they are not as high in other much better schools. Sorry if this didn’t really make sense.

The grades you get do not change in value whether you achieved them in a average school or a top-class school
Original post by thestudent33
The grades you get do not change in value whether you achieved them in a average school or a top-class school

I would say an A achieved in a bottom 50% school is better than an A achieved in a top 10% school as it shows that you are able to work hard cuz I kno from experience and talking to people that teachers are mostly better at top schools which means people of the same abilities perform better at a top school and so if you don’t have that and you still get a good grade I would say you are actually more desirable
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Afterlife?
I would say an A achieved in a bottom 50% school is better than an A achieved in a top 10% school as it shows that you are able to work hard cuz I kno from experience and talking to people that teachers are mostly better at top schools which means people of the same abilities perform better at a top school and so if you don’t have that and you still get a good grade I would you are actually more desirable

Agree with this
I would say an A achieved in a bottom 50% school is better than an A achieved in a top 10% school as it shows that you are able to work hard cuz I kno from experience and talking to people that teachers are mostly better at top schools which means people of the same abilities perform better at a top school and so if you don’t have that and you still get a good grade I would say you are actually more desirable

That's true
Reply 5
Thank you everyone for the replies, really appreciate it as it really helped!
Reply 6
I would say an A achieved in a bottom 50% school is better than an A achieved in a top 10% school as it shows that you are able to work hard cuz I kno from experience and talking to people that teachers are mostly better at top schools which means people of the same abilities perform better at a top school and so if you don’t have that and you still get a good grade I would say you are actually moreover desirable

Appreciate your help!

Quick Reply

Latest