The Student Room Group

Nottingham Trent or University of Chester Music

Hi guys, does anyone study Music Performance at NTU and if so, what do you think of the course? Or does anyone study Popular Music Performance at Chester? I'm torn between the two 🤔
Hi I’m currently studying popular music performance at Chester and I love it here, I’m a first year and since being here I have grown so much in confidence and I’m becoming a better musician everyday. I’ve made so many great friends here that truly will be friends for life. Since being here we have done several performances including at Alexander’s the local live music venue where every one of us music student go every Monday to either perform or support those who are performing it’s a great night out, when I have performed there I get a great buzz it’s great the atmosphere is friendly and just amazing to experience that. The course is great doing band, choir, solo, tech etc which is good, the facilities are good with high tech equipment we can use and book out, you can also hire out amp and leads etc to go busking in the walls of Chester which some of my friends have done. The city is great with lots of shops and me and my friends have had many a good night out in Chester singing our way through the streets it’s all good fun. Also being here has inspired me to learn more instruments, I can as a vocalist who can play piano and guitar but i am now about to start playing bass guitar after I had the opportunity to play the bass for a song in my last assessment. I really do recommend Chester I didn’t want to go to uni till I can and saw the uni and the city but I fell in love with the place and I’m really glad I chose here. If you haven’t already I would come to an open day at the uni and see the sites and city. I can’t say what it is compared to your other uni choice but based on a students life here it is pretty great and I’ve never been happier. I hope this helps
Original post by Alex290999
Hi I’m currently studying popular music performance at Chester and I love it here, I’m a first year and since being here I have grown so much in confidence and I’m becoming a better musician everyday. I’ve made so many great friends here that truly will be friends for life. Since being here we have done several performances including at Alexander’s the local live music venue where every one of us music student go every Monday to either perform or support those who are performing it’s a great night out, when I have performed there I get a great buzz it’s great the atmosphere is friendly and just amazing to experience that. The course is great doing band, choir, solo, tech etc which is good, the facilities are good with high tech equipment we can use and book out, you can also hire out amp and leads etc to go busking in the walls of Chester which some of my friends have done. The city is great with lots of shops and me and my friends have had many a good night out in Chester singing our way through the streets it’s all good fun. Also being here has inspired me to learn more instruments, I can as a vocalist who can play piano and guitar but i am now about to start playing bass guitar after I had the opportunity to play the bass for a song in my last assessment. I really do recommend Chester I didn’t want to go to uni till I can and saw the uni and the city but I fell in love with the place and I’m really glad I chose here. If you haven’t already I would come to an open day at the uni and see the sites and city. I can’t say what it is compared to your other uni choice but based on a students life here it is pretty great and I’ve never been happier. I hope this helps

Thanks for the reply! 😁 Chester sounds great! I'll have to go and look 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending