How do you find accommodation for rent in Aberystwyth? Watch

lokalokaloka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I was looking at rooms for rent on Rightmove which is a really popular UK site but only one room shows up for rent in Aber.

Why is that? Is it because the town is so small? What websites do students who don't stay in campus after first year use?

How do you find rooms for rent? or to share?
ALP Office
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Most agents in Aberystwyth use Zoopla with Rightmove more popular with estate agents when selling properties and not renting. Within Aberystwyth, students will have viewings after picking up lists from the various agents, either in a group or as an individual. There are always plenty of options and at our office we start the year with nearly 80 student houses available to rent. At this point, houses are split down to a room by room basis across those left and you can select rooms from £65 to £85 per week fully inclusive of all bills. You can always call an agent directly to discuss.
(Original post by lokalokaloka)
I was looking at rooms for rent on Rightmove which is a really popular UK site but only one room shows up for rent in Aber.

Why is that? Is it because the town is so small? What websites do students who don't stay in campus after first year use?

Last edited by ALP Office; 7 months ago
lwescott
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
There are a few Facebook groups to find houses and rooms available or speak to people who are graduating to get a decent house!
Loads of letting agents in town advertise their houses for the next year around November time so there should be plenty of choice then
Aberystwyth University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by lokalokaloka)

Hi lokalokaloka

Thanks for your message. I've been in touch with the accommodation team and they recommend that you take a look at our Private Sector Accommodation webpage which may be able to help with some of your queries. They also mentioned that our students tend to use Studentpad to find accommodation in the town.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
Sulwen
ALP Office
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For rooms 2019 - 2020, you should speak to an agent to see what options are available. Most agents will ask a lot of questions and try and match you as best they can with suitable choices. The main advantage you will see is price. We currently have options from £60 per week inclusive of all bills, ranging through to £80 for top of the range large double rooms and you can call us on 01970 626533 to discuss these.We have seen an increased number of first year students over the last few years in our student house shares.
egs3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, there are many estate agents in aber that offer rooms for students, I am happy to link you to some if you would like but I am also looking to replace myself in a contract in a shared house in town if you are looking for one room?

(i am a current 2nd year student at aberystwyth uni)
Last edited by egs3; 6 months ago
Ghostlady
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I found this one https://www.accommodationforstudents.com its private halls. or this website https://www.aberstudentpad.co.uk might have some private residences by landlords.
becca_aber
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If your looking for a room in a shared house, best to look at spareroom.co.uk. Theres always lots on there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aberystwyth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19
  • Aberystwyth University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (24)
68.57%
No I haven't decided yet (5)
14.29%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
17.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed