The Student Room Group

Skirt and blouse - tuck blouse in or not?

Hi,

I want to wear a skirt and blouse, but I'm not happy with my stomach area, so don't want to tuck the blouse in, but I'm worried it will look weird if I leave the blouse not tucked in. What do you think? Have you worn a short with a blouse not tucked in? 😣
I have worn it without it being tucked, it looks all right
I have worn it without tucking it in and it looked ok, without pictures showing us it is hard to give a definative answer as to what would look more suitable for you.
Looks I'm going to have to wear the blouse not tucked in as I've damaged the skirt a bit while ironing it 😑
Reply 4
Do what will make you feel most comfortable
I always tuck my blouse into my skirt because I feel I look scruffy if I don't but really you should do what you want. If you are going to an interview, I would always recommend tucking in your blouse.
Original post by Havery1
Do what will make you feel most comfortable

gold star sticker for you
Original post by Little Old Me
Hi,

I want to wear a skirt and blouse, but I'm not happy with my stomach area, so don't want to tuck the blouse in, but I'm worried it will look weird if I leave the blouse not tucked in. What do you think? Have you worn a short with a blouse not tucked in? 😣

i know it's a faux pas for guys to give their 2 cents on girls fashion but i think blouses tucked in look really nice like the sexy office girl. untucked looks like 30 year old women who are 2 months pregnant
I think it depends on the blouse. If it's a short blouse it'll be absolutely fine but if it's longer then there's a possibility it would look odd. But every blouse is individual so I think it'd be best for you to make your own judgement. You'll know best and as long as you like the way you look then that's all that matters
Original post by Little Old Me
Hi,

Hi @Little Old Me,

I'm sure it will look lovely either way! What type of skirt is it? If it's a straight skirt or a pencil skirt it should look okay untucked however if it flares towards the end definitely tuck it in as it will take attention away from the area you're insecure of whilst flattering your figure.

Hope this helps!

Lucy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending