Car dent help!! Watch

Leanne2505
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’ve managed to dent and scratch the side of my car (the back passenger side door) on a wall this morning and need to get it fixed. I’ll attach a picture in the comments. I’m more bothered about getting the scratch covered up than anything else, I could cope with the dent. How long do you think it will take to be repaired and how much do you think it will cost (paying out of pocket - excess is £700 and not worth the repercussions for future insurance)
Leanne2505
Rep:
?
Name:  33B4D97D-4D14-41F0-B353-1BB0480B80B5.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  134.7 KB
Leanne2505
Rep:
?
I’ve managed to dent and scratch the side of my car (the back passenger side door) on a wall this morning and need to get it fixed. I’ll attach a picture in the comments. I’m more bothered about getting the scratch covered up than anything else, I could cope with the dent. How long do you think it will take to be repaired and how much do you think it will cost (paying out of pocket - excess is £700 and not worth the repercussions for future insurance)
Leanne2505
Rep:
?
Name:  61946825-04C6-48DB-B58F-2514CC111DCD.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  134.7 KB
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
you can buy this at Halfords

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/pa...h-remover-blue

job done

£7.50

:hat2:
Saajan_B
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Would need a respray so a quality job would be £170 if you're in the london/south of england. The dent could be another 200. See if you can buy the same colour door from a breakers, might end up cheaper tbh.
Leanne2505
Rep:
?
(Original post by Saajan_B)
Would need a respray so a quality job would be £170 if you're in the london/south of england. The dent could be another 200. See if you can buy the same colour door from a breakers, might end up cheaper tbh.
I’m up in the north of England so hopefully it might be cheaper 😂 I just want a good job, I’m not hugely fussed on price I’d rather have a better job done so it may be better to pay to have it done rather than getting a door that doesn’t quite match or something haha
Saajan_B
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It depends really if you get it resprayed theres always a chance the paint won't be 100% matching, especially if it's metallic(yours looks like a metallic blue off a ford fiesta?) depends on the skill of the resprayer. Getting a door off a broken car is always an easier option, for example a rear passenger door cost £100 quid off ebay so alot easier/cheaper to sort!
julietlima3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That's quite the scratch...how long did it take for you to realise your car had made contact with a wall?
Leanne2505
Rep:
?
(Original post by julietlima3)
That's quite the scratch...how long did it take for you to realise your car had made contact with a wall?
As it was on the corner of a wall in a very tight space it was near enough impossible to turn or get out without having to scrape back along the wall again hence why the stretch is so deep. I’m aware it was not the best driving in the world and that I probably panicked as I touched the wall and didn’t think of the most logical soultion in the world but I’d really appreciate less snarky comments as I’m trying my best and am struggling. Thanks for the input though!
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Leanne2505)
You're best asking a body shop rather than a forum of students to be honest.
Davinder E16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
try toothpaste with a cloth
use hot water and a plunger
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Lucia12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'd suggest Tcut which is cheap. I put a massive dent on my car and a some scratches when I hit a tree, completely wretched the drivers side. dent was about a ft by 2 ft so pretty big. it cost £360 to fix but I had other quotes £1000+ so it depends on where you go. If not you counld always try to re spray yourself, it won't look perfect but even professional ones you can usually see the different in shades
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Leanne2505)
You do know you already have a thread?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5746206
Merry Xmas 2k19
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Go to a local scrapyard replace the whole door. it's I pretty big scratch can't really tell how bad the dent is. if it's not that bad just spray paint it
mh800
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Most importantly, touch up the deep scratches with a blue car paint pen from an automotive supply store (small paint container with small brush in cap). That will prevent any rust. Then you have time to consider if you want anything more done. I have done the same to my doors and fender and I decided to leave the dents in. My car drives just a well with them as it did before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (149)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.87%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.22%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.3%

Watched Threads