Being lonely. Watch

Common_room
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey, I know this is dumb and sad and probably won’t work but I’m a student studying in Edinburgh and struggling to really make any friends and it’s really effecting me. Have my whole life lol. Anyone want to be friends? Or have advice? I don’t know
Simbasoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Try and put yourself in situtations outside of your comfort zone to meet a different range of people - for example look at any evening highland dancing groups, or go to the gym or the library, if you don't normally! Are you first year? Have you not gelled with anyone on your course? Hvae confidence to approach people and chat - uni can be lonely but it is easy to get into a spiral where you then lose confidence and go out even less.
Common_room
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I usually just walk about the college or go to the smoking area. I’m the only girl in my class too and all the boys just stick together. Clubs might be a good idea but I’m unaware of any of these clubs as the place I study is a bit ****. I’ve got anxiety as well which sucks with talking to people.. thank you anyways tho I really appreciate it
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Common_room)
Hey, I know this is dumb and sad and probably won’t work but I’m a student studying in Edinburgh and struggling to really make any friends and it’s really effecting me. Have my whole life lol. Anyone want to be friends? Or have advice? I don’t know
Try joining some clubs or attending some events. Doesn't have to be clubbing or anything like that. Start some hobbies and meet people that way.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Yerdad152
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I vant 2 b yer fwend xx
Last edited by Amusing Elk; 2 weeks ago
Common_room
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Yerdad152)
I vant 2 b yer fwend xx
With a name like that yes 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?