The Student Room Group

IAL Edexcel Biology WBI11 New Specification

Hey all.
I have made an account here just to open a thread about the Biology IAL Edexcel WBI11 exam today, the new specification. Since there are no people talking about it...
Have you done the exam and how was it? For me it was a complete shock... no words to describe it. Nothing like past papers or relevant topics, with 2 ESSAY QUESTIONS???
Who's taking the Pure Mathetmatics 1 exam tomorrow? and Chemistry unit 1 on Wednesday and Physics Unit 1 on thursday? (ALL NEW SPECIFICATION)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ash.Nasa
Wait are you talking about the Edexcel new specification exams?

yes i am
Reply 2
It wasn’t terrible for me, but really it was a bad paper. The two 6 mark questions tripped me out. Also I got confused on the phospholipids and blood clotting, forgot that platelets burst. Also I’m doing chem unit 1 on wednesday and C34 on the 15th
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Tatsien
It wasn’t terrible for me, but really it was a bad paper. The two 6 mark questions tripped me out. Also I got confused on the phospholipids and blood clotting, forgot that platelets burst. Also I’m doing chem unit 1 on wednesday and C34 on the 15th

yeah it was a really bad paper. everyone messed up the 2 essay questions and said the paper wasn't too releveant. it's just full of graphs. im just hoping for low grade boundaries. good luck in your chem and maths!
Reply 4
Original post by ameer10
yeah it was a really bad paper. everyone messed up the 2 essay questions and said the paper wasn't too releveant. it's just full of graphs.

Not only it was full of graphs, a lot of parts of the paper had almost nothing to do with the sample(structure wise). I heard no one say that he/she believes they did well. And thank you, you too!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Tatsien
Not only it was full of graphs, a lot of parts of the paper had almost nothing to do with the sample(structure wise). I heard no one say that he/she believes they did well. And thank you, you too!

is C34 a new math specification? sorry, since i am doing P1 and not C34.
Reply 6
Original post by ameer10
is C34 a new math specification? sorry, since i am doing P1 and not C34.

Haha no need to say sorry. No, I did C12 last year so I just continue normally this year, with the old specification.
I found it different, I mean I think i passed but its looking like everyone struggled so i guess grade boundaries will be low
Reply 8
Original post by leloswany
I found it different, I mean I think i passed but its looking like everyone struggled so i guess grade boundaries will be low

how low will they go though? 🤔
Original post by Tatsien
how low will they go though? 🤔

No clue, But think if everyone struggled then it should be low, psychology is at like 50% for an A so it could get that low!
No clue, But think if everyone struggled then it should be low, psychology is at like 50% for an A so it could get that low!

I doubt it would go below 53/80 for the A. I passed too, but I’m just worrying because I really want that A
Reply 11
Original post by Tatsien
Haha no need to say sorry. No, I did C12 last year so I just continue normally this year, with the old specification.

oh. good luck !
Reply 12

it was EXTREMELY different haha. i am sure i passed too but i really want an A rather than a D passing grade...
Reply 13
Original post by Tatsien
I doubt it would go below 53/80 for the A. I passed too, but I’m just worrying because I really want that A

i really hope that. i calculated my guaranteed marks and i've scored 52. atleast, i hope so.
Original post by ameer10
i really hope that. i calculated my guaranteed marks and i've scored. atleast, i hope so.

when did you calculate? In the exam or after the exam?
Reply 15
Original post by Tatsien
when did you calculate? In the exam or after the exam?

in the exam. i had 2 minutes of free time so i quickly grabbed the calculator and calculated the marks i THINK i'm guaranteed to score.
Original post by ameer10
in the exam. i had 2 minutes of free time so i quickly grabbed the calculator and calculated the marks i THINK i'm guaranteed to score.

Oh right. I finished my last sentence EXACTLY on time. Unfortunately didn’t have time to go through it. Oh well, let’s see in March!
Original post by ameer10
it was EXTREMELY different haha. i am sure i passed too but i really want an A rather than a D passing grade...

yeah same!
Reply 18
Original post by Tatsien
Oh right. I finished my last sentence EXACTLY on time. Unfortunately didn’t have time to go through it. Oh well, let’s see in March!

you may be resitting?
Reply 19
yeah same!

i genuinely hope all the best for you! and all of us

Quick Reply

Latest