Dakar Rally

Watch
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just curious, has anyone been following this event?
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Just curious, has anyone been following this event?
Not this years (is it on now?) but am annoyed how Loeb threw it away last year (even more surprising considering Im not a loeb fan)
username47781
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by quasa)
Not this years (is it on now?) but am annoyed how Loeb threw it away last year (even more surprising considering Im not a loeb fan)
I believe Stage 1 was today
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
After 2 stages the Dakar rally (which is actually run in South America) is being led by Geniel De Villiers for Toyota, with the withdrawing of Peugeot, Toyota are favourites to win.

Stage 2 was won by rally legend Sebastian Loeb.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
After 2 stages the Dakar rally (which is actually run in South America) is being led by Geniel De Villiers for Toyota, with the withdrawing of Peugeot, Toyota are favourites to win.

Stage 2 was won by rally legend Sebastian Loeb.
Toyota seem to be doing well, although it was shocking to see how much time Nasser lost by going 1st (always a disadvantage with rallying tbh).

EDIT - I find it weird how you have mini buggies and mini x-raids.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by quasa)
Toyota seem to be doing well, although it was shocking to see how much time Nasser lost by going 1st (always a disadvantage with rallying tbh).

EDIT - I find it weird how you have mini buggies and mini x-raids.
I suppose the impact is magnified at an event like this (lots of dunes etc). The mini thing I cannot explain however.

On running order. The WRC used to base it on championship order for day 1, then rally order for days 2 and 3. I remember a few times in p,aces like Sardinia all the top drivers would slow down to get a better position. Then Loeb would win anyway..
Last edited by Andrew97; 2 years ago
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I suppose the impact is magnified at an event like this (lots of dunes etc). The mini thing I cannot explain however.

On running order. The WRC used to base it on championship order for day 1, then rally order for days 2 and 3. I remember a few times in p,aces like Sardinia all the top drivers would slow down to get a better position. Then Loeb would win anyway..
true that. I find it weird how Ogier has gone back tocitroen after he was kicked out for having the audacity to challenge loeb :lol: Hyundai should be interesting this year as Loeb is doing a part time campaign and Neuville is long overdue a championship
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by quasa)
true that. I find it weird how Ogier has gone back tocitroen after he was kicked out for having the audacity to challenge loeb :lol: Hyundai should be interesting this year as Loeb is doing a part time campaign and Neuville is long overdue a championship
Probably the lure of a Frenchman in a French team. Championship wise, Im going with an outside bet of Tanak destroying everybody.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not for years.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Probably the lure of a Frenchman in a French team. Championship wise, Im going with an outside bet of Tanak destroying everybody.
Tanak is secretly the driver I want to win. The dude is good and was underrated. Toyota will no doubt have a great car, but so will hyundai. M-sport should be interesting without ogier
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used to watch these things in the past, but now I can't spare time to find of which channel I can watch anything from any event.

A couple of years ago these guys managed to get to the actual Dakar using a rather unsuitable car:

https://youtu.be/LHCrVT2q0F0?t=42s
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
I used to watch these things in the past, but now I can't spare time to find of which channel I can watch anything from any event.

A couple of years ago these guys managed to get to the actual Dakar using a rather unsuitable car:

https://youtu.be/LHCrVT2q0F0?t=42s
i thought 2006 was ~13 years ago (couple = 2) :lol:

its a bit weird how they haven't returned to africa for th rally. it has been held in south america for a while.
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by quasa)
i thought 2006 was ~13 years ago (couple = 2) :lol:

its a bit weird how they haven't returned to africa for th rally. it has been held in south america for a while.
You know, I still can't believe that we are already past 2010 while actually 20ies are coming fast.

Obviously they haven't returned because South American bandits and mafias are clearly less dangerous than African Islamists.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (133)
42.09%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.54%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.2%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.01%

Watched Threads