The Student Room Group

Things to do on a gap year?

I was thinking of taking a year out after my A-Levels next year but I’m not sure what I could do with the time.
Reply 1
Im currently on a gap year. I took one last minute so I wasnt prepared really. But I am just working really and saving money for uni. You could do volunteering abroad or have a look at ICS.
I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about a gap year opportunity I'm planning to set up, maybe it could give you some ideas:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5753964
I'm currently on a gap year before I go to university and it is so worth it, a fair few of my friends have already said they wish they took a gap year before they went to uni. What I've done is I worked a solid 4 months to save up for my travels and then went, I'm currently traveling for 5 months
Original post by 2ringThompson
I'm currently on a gap year before I go to university and it is so worth it, a fair few of my friends have already said they wish they took a gap year before they went to uni. What I've done is I worked a solid 4 months to save up for my travels and then went, I'm currently traveling for 5 months

That's awesome, I'm finishing my A-levels next year and I'm so stoked for my gap year, just thinking about what country I want to visit, I'm thinking France for now, I hear the nightlife there is great.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
That's awesome, I'm finishing my A-levels next year and I'm so stoked for my gap year, just thinking about what country I want to visit, I'm thinking France for now, I hear the nightlife there is great.

Glad to hear your looking forward to it, I for my gap year I'm doing California, New Zealand, Australia, then I come back for a little bit then go to France as well, good luck with your gap year, sure it will be great

Quick Reply

Latest