Does this make me plastic/glory hunter?

Watch this thread
Imy22
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I was born in Blackpool but i was born into a united family, mainly my dad who is also a lifelong fan. I have supported Man United since I was very little and I have always watched them and am a season ticket holder. It’s not necessarily my fault I don’t support my local because I was raised a red and always have been.

Does this make a plastic fan/ a glory hunter? Just want some honest opinions from footy fans
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Imy22)
I was born in Blackpool but i was born into a united family, mainly my dad who is also a lifelong fan. I have supported Man United since I was very little and I have always watched them and am a season ticket holder. It’s not necessarily my fault I don’t support my local because I was raised a red and always have been.

Does this make a plastic fan/ a glory hunter? Just want some honest opinions from footy fans
Not at all
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Well Man Utd are terrible these days so I think you're fine - no one will be calling you a glory hunter.
MQE99
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Imy22)

No, not at all.

It's not like you switched to supporting united after supporting your local.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Don't listen to anyone about football fandom, and support who you like.

The thing about being a football fan is that there are no qualifying criteria for it. You say you're a fan and that's it - you're a fan.

Living in a particular place, or being from a particular place, or knowing a particular bit of history or statistics doesn't make you more or less a fan than anyone else.
doubleGs
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The people who use the terms plastic and gloryhunter are just getting a bit green, because their club isn't their little local place of worship. They try and gatekeep the right to support X F.C because these people happen to not live centimetres from the stadium. I got **** for supporting Chelsea (being Scottish) since 2012, especially since it took 6 years before I went to Stamford Bridge. But it's not like I ditched them to hop on the bandwagons of, say, Leicester or Man City (which isn't exactly a war crime either), I stuck with them when we finished mid table, when we were challenging for the title on JM's return season, but then **** the bed, and when we missed out on 4th place after falling apart in January last season. I'd hate to be a shill for Sky Sports, but the Premier League is that big of a spectacle, it's hard to ignore, and simply fun to support a team in it.
username4428100
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
As long as you support your team through thick and thin and never change your team, you're not a plastic/glory hunter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads