The Student Room Group

Only As for predicted grades

My school say they don’t predict A*s and so refused to give me any when sending off my ucas application.
Do you think this is less likely to make me get offers when I’m applying for courses that say they require A*AA or are universities aware of this
Reply 1
Having predictions below entry requirements for popular courses at competitive universities can be a problem. Unless it’s explicitly clear on your reference that you’re capable of achieving an A* in that subject(s) despite predicted grades. For what course?
Reply 2
Original post by akpo
Having predictions below entry requirements for popular courses at competitive universities can be a problem. Unless it’s explicitly clear on your reference that you’re capable of achieving an A* in that subject(s) despite predicted grades. For what course?

I am applying for economics at Nottingham with predicted 3As in maths psychology and economics and a D at AS french with 3 As at AS in maths economics and psychology again but I don’t think they count for anything as my Alevels will overide them
Reply 3
Original post by Encoot
I am applying for economics at Nottingham with predicted 3As in maths psychology and economics and a D at AS french with 3 As at AS in maths economics and psychology again but I don’t think they count for anything as my Alevels will overide them

Ohh I’m sorry, if you have 3As at AS Levels then you are honestly perfectly fine and I wouldn’t worry. Being predicted a grade lower is only a risk for those not sitting AS Exams, as predictions look unreliable and optimistic. In your case, for a*aa unis, it will just look like your school has been particularly harsh on predictions as your academic profile sounds strong.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
I mean try not to stress about it I was predicted CDD and got offers from courses that were ABB
Reply 5
Original post by rc63
I mean try not to stress about it I was predicted CDD and got offers from courses that were ABB

Thank you this helps a lot, my first choice uni are just taking so long I’m starting to get nervous haha
Reply 6
Yeah it’s pretty stressful because it’s on your mind constantly and you think the longer it takes the worse it is
But try to remember, especially if you’ve chosen a popular course/ uni that it probably just means lots of people applied before you so you’re further down the list

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending