The Student Room Group

Help needed from anyone who has appealed against student finance decision

Hey, I’ve recently applied to be assessed as an independent student with SF. I tried to do this in 2016 when I first started uni but thought you had to have working 36month continuously, however after ringing up (doing teacher training next year) to find out how much I would recieve and how I would be assessed I was astonished to find out they would assess me again by parents income! Lady on the phone was helpful, and said I should apply to be independent as long as I’ve worked 36month none continuously prior to starting uni in 2916, which I have. Long story short, SF declined this. Even though I sent them evidence of bank statements, bills, letter for HMRC, everything. They said even though there’s not a threshold I apparently did not earn enough to support myself? Since then I have appealed this desicion and I am waiting for a reply. Anyone got any similar stories, advice, or what to do if my appeal doesn’t win? I’m not letting this go as I worked very hard when I was younger and was independent from both my parents!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending