The Student Room Group

How safe is reading festival?

Hi everyone I'm thinking about going to reading with my college friends later this year - I will be 17.

My question is how good are the security on the gates? Do they check everyones bags for dangerous items?

I get quite bad anxiety about this kind thing and tend to over think it a lot. How easy would it be for someone to bring a weapon in like a knife?
If someone really wanted to take something in then they would find a way. Reading is like most other festivals in that drugs are available, if you are that way inclined, but, generally it is seen as one of the safer festivals. It has almost become a rite of passage for GCSE students to go there.
Reply 2
just to clarify I don't want to take bad stuff in I'm worried about people who might
Reply 3
Original post by Simbasoul
If someone really wanted to take something in then they would find a way. Reading is like most other festivals in that drugs are available, if you are that way inclined, but, generally it is seen as one of the safer festivals. It has almost become a rite of passage for GCSE students to go there.

Okay thank you
I get that! To be honest, if you go with a good bunch of people who aren't going to do anything daft and are going to look after you, you should be fine!
A reading festival sounds really safe. No loud music, no drinking, just lots of people cozying up with good books. Heaven.
Reply 6
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
A reading festival sounds really safe. No loud music, no drinking, just lots of people cozying up with good books. Heaven.

Sounds like an evening in with my partner. Our house has a woodburning stove. It's great.
Reply 7
Pretty safe as long as you keep your wits about you and don't take any silly risks.
i went reading festival this year and trust me its safe. you have like numerous security checks in your bags when entering areas
I’m a reading ambassador for reading festival 2019 which means I can sell ticket at slightly reduced prices ( due to a lower booking fee ). I am happy to sell you and your friends tickets to the festival. have never been myself, but I am going in 2019. Many of my friends have visited on numerous occasions and they all have a great time. Reading is known to be more ‘druggy’ than other festivals like boardmasters, however as long as you have a good friend or group it’s plenty safe. They did bag checks at the festival I went to last year and even checked inside the sleeping bag of one of my friends etc. Hope this helps.
From Abbie
Do peopoe nick tents and slice peopled tents when you busy watching a gig

Quick Reply

Latest