The Student Room Group

Trump called a ‘mother ******’ for 2nd Time in 3 Days, now by Canada’s first woman PM

Scroll to see replies

I've noticed that Trump takes a lot of criticism for lowering the tone, but that public figures who resort to profanity to describe him tend to be applauded.

A former prime minister shouldn't be speaking publicly like that. It's fine for general celebrities, athletes, comedians, whatever, but a serious political figure shouldn't do it.
One thing everyone can be thankful to Trump for is that he has brought every media outlet into the open in terms of who runs it and where their political leanings rest. The way every outlet reports on Trump is an inescapable signal of it, he has exposed a sizeable chunk of the supposedly respectable and impartial media as duds. Nobody else could have delivered such useful offering to the public like him, for that alone... well done. He's got balls of steel too, nobody else could stand the pressure.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
none player character

Yeah but it was a dehumanising meme the far-right used to discredit liberals. Calling us NPC's as though we are incapable of independent thought and just repeat things da meedya tell us to, much like the "non player characters" in their computer games.

When you can see that it is these very populists who repeat their silly slogans.
Meanwhile, in another part of the forest...

"The alt-right on here keep on accusing me of being far-left, just because they are sensitive snowflakes who are butthurt that I attack their ideology, but that is just utterly delusional."

👍 Nice one
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Yeah but it was a dehumanising meme the far-right used to discredit liberals. Calling us NPC's as though we are incapable of independent thought and just repeat things da meedya tell us to, much like the "non player characters" in their computer games.

When you can see that it is these very populists who repeat their silly slogans.

You say that while repeating the same mantra the left does regarding the npc meme. Sometimes the jokes just write themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending