The Student Room Group

Will I be at a disadvantage applying again in the next cycle after being rejected?

A purely hypothetical question at this point, but just wondering if anyone knows whether being rejected in the previous application cycle would put me at a disadvantage if I were to apply again for the same course? The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering doing a masters and I'm debating whether I should take a risk applying now or wait another year. The downside to applying now is that it gives me less time to prepare my application and I might be at a disadvantage by not being among the first batch of applicants, at least for some courses. The upside is obviously that I wouldn't have to wait for another year.
Any insight would be much welcomed!
Original post by Wanaja

GDPR, no-one will be keeping applications from year to year.

There's not usually a disadvantage to not being in the first batch. Maybe for universities that are just after the money, but for those with academic standards they will be looking for the best, so they will watch the application pool develop and see what the quality is like before handing out all offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending