Piercings Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I bought a piercing kit online - needles, pliers, gloves and jewellery. Anyone with experience got any tips before I go ahead?
smolbean12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
sterilise your needle!! also, depending on your pain tolerance, you might want someone with you to help push the needle through
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bridgettryan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by smolbean12)
sterilise your needle!! also, depending on your pain tolerance, you might want someone with you to help push the needle through
Thankyou! The needles have already come sterilised but I might put something on them just to be safe haha, and I have a friend who’s gonna do it for me
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by bridgettryan)
Thankyou! The needles have already come sterilised but I might put something on them just to be safe haha, and I have a friend who’s gonna do it for me
When you open this needle it no longer is sterile, you will have to buy some small alcohol wipes (like ones you get at restaurants and cafes) wipe them down. Wash your hands and whatever area you will pierce, also wipe the area you will pierce with the alcohol wipe before piercing it. Wear some gloves if you like, but if your hands are clean and fingernails short it is fine. Also wipe the jewellery with alco wipes.

Where will you pierce?

Once you pierce, you will need to make sure you move the piercing at least once a day.
Also, dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a warm cup of water and clean the pierced area everyday so it heals well. This will stop an infection and all your hard work going into the bin.

For reference my septum piercing took around 4-5 months to heal (not hurt at all when moved).
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 6 months ago
bridgettryan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you! I’m doing my second and third on the love of one of my ears, and possibly my helix later if that goes well
SpangleMagnet
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The only help I can give you is- don't do it, go to a pro- but I'm pretty sure that will fall on deaf ears.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads