Turn on thread page Beta

Help!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m getting really bored of revision sometimes I don’t even revise what should I do??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You need to try and enjoy it - I know it sound hard! Maybe change your revision technique. Make sure you have enough breaks to make sure you are focused. If you lose focus or get bored have a quick break and go back. Reward yourself and then you will do your revision - trust me!

ReputationRep:
    Should I learn by flash cards or note making?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever works for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAO4)
    Try both - which one do you enjoy doing more? Try new ways as well such as YouTube videos or group work to make things more exciting

ReputationRep:
    Is this a good idea watch a video make notes then read it over and over agin and make a audio and listen to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAO4)
    Is this a good idea watch a video make notes then read it over and over agin and make a audio and listen to it?
    Sounds good, just make sure any videos you watch are based on the exact course your taking. Revision is about doing multiple tasks to try and relearn. Find what works and what you enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAO4)
    I do both! I use my notes to learn the facts and then my flash cards as a test and a quick recap! For flashcards I use quizlet, which has a flashcards online thingy, which lets you star them and so I know which ones I don‘t know and it doesn’t looks as scary at a mountain of cards. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Do you read your notes as well over and over again and also do you make your flash cards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAO4)
    Do you read your notes as well over and over again and also do you make your flash cards?
    Read your notes again and again won’t always work. You need other things like flashcards to test your understanding. Also use highlighters to make you notes clear. I always make my own flashcards it not only makes you revise when making them but you can keep them for times closer to your exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAO4)
    Basically, I have notes on every page of the revision guide but in a simpler form and I have them in a folder organised by topic. This means I can take one page of notes and purely focus on that one note page, I write them out again and again on my laptop just on a blank word document until I can recall the facts easily. The next time I revise that specific subject again I go over my flash cards on those notes to make sure I know it, then I do another page of notes. It’s seems like a long process in a way but I have used it for ages and I have found myself getting very quick and learning the information.

Aha does this make sense

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks also if flash cards work for me should I just read my flash cards once I’m done my notes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAO4)
    Yeah thanks also if flash cards work for me should I just read my flash cards once I’m done my notes?
    Yeah, just make sure if you do that, that your flash cards cover every bit of information.

ReputationRep:
    I've had 3 months to prepare for this assignment that's due in 2 weeks. I still haven't started. Get on my level of procrastination.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.