Copper IUD and spotting? Watch

hotliketea
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all! I got a copper IUD put in around a month ago, and I had the horrendous pains, went through my first copper IUD hellish period, and stopped bleeding. But then, three days later... I started just continuously bleeding... All the time. It's been two weeks now that I've bled every day, and although it's not a lot (a thin panty liner is enough all day), it's continuous and very , very annoying.

I had my check up with my GP today, and she said it's in the right place, but said she had 'never heard of someone bleeding a month after insertion'. I've done a bit of googling and i've found PLENTY of people say they've bled non-stop for a long time after insertion.

My question is - how long did it last for you guys? I'm still on the pill at the moment, but she suggested I stop taking the pill and see if my body works itself out. But i'm confused how the pill could have ANYTHING to do with it - in fact, the pill should mean I definitely should not be bleeding, as my hormones are controlled.

I'm finding it very frustrating, and it's affecting how I see myself. Just looking for some support! I'm amazed this product made it to market with the common side-effects it causes. Starting to think I was better off just staying on hormones for the next 10 years...

Thanks xo
Merry Xmas 2k19
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
can I ask why girls go through IUD. what attracts you to them why did you get one
hotliketea
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Merry Xmas 2k19)
can I ask why girls go through IUD. what attracts you to them why did you get one
1. A copper IUD is non-hormonal so I wouldn't be artificially changing the rhythm of my body - I want to make sure I'm still able to have kids and have a normal cycle.
2. Men suck and got headaches on the man pill , so this is the closest I can get to my normal cycle without trying (and getting pregnant using) FAM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (294)
65.63%
No (154)
34.38%

Watched Threads