The Student Room Group

ban on kosher and halal slaughter has come into effect in the Flanders region of Belg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TommyDH
That doesn't say anything about stunned. Nor does it say animals must be tortured to death. I'm wrong about what? I'm not the one arguing for anything you are wtf.

How is torturing animals a 'human right'? I don't recall seeing that in the UN Human Rights charter.

Of course it doesn’t say anything about stunned, stuns didn’t exist back then, please tell me when I said torturing animals was a human right, I never said that, I said in the case of Animal rights vs Human rights I pick Human rights every time.
Original post by Danny_Man
B12- fortified foods, soybeans etc. Creatine-body produces it (1g a day). Carnosine- again, produced naturally in the body. D3- lichen? DHA-algal oil. Heme-iron- not important. Taurine- body produces.

-Wow? Where in nature do I fiind 'fortified foods'?? Never seen them in my local woods. Source?

-Yeah you'd like me to eat soy wouldn't you. No. 1. they're a legume, and legumes aren't part of a natural diet. I don't eat legumes (legumes as we know them didn't exist when our paleo ancestors evovled). 2. they're poisonous to men

-Not enough. I workout everyday. WHere do I find it in nature please? I mean, I know. Lots of it in my steak, but you're claiming its found in a herbivore diet too so where please?

-Not enough. Again, where in nature is it found please?

-Not enough, negligible

-Not enough, negligible

-Very important. Where please?

-Not enough. Where please?

Strange. You claim I can get everything I need in nature but then refuse to tell me where in nature I can find them. Not doing a good job convincing me to join your cult I must say.

All those things are very important for body and brain, especially if you're very active like I am. If I didn't eat meat I would literally become ill and certainly wouldn't keep up the lifestyle i do. Not without processed foods, supplements etc.. in which case that isn't a natural diet and proves that we do indeed need meat.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TommyDH
-Wow? Where in nature do I fiind 'fortified foods'?? Never seen them in my local woods. Source?

-Yeah you'd like me to eat soy wouldn't you. No. 1. they're a legume, and legumes aren't part of a natural diet. I don't eat legumes (legumes as we know them didn't exist when our paleo ancestors evovled). 2. they're poisonous to men

-Not enough. I workout everyday. WHere do I find it in nature please? I mean, I know. Lots of it in my steak, but you're claiming its found in a herbivore diet too so where please?

-Not enough. Again, where in nature is it found please?

-Not enough, negligible

-Not enough, negligible

-Very important. Where please?

-Not enough. Where please?

Strange. You claim I can get everything I need in nature but then refuse to tell me where in nature I can find them. Not doing a good job convincing me to join your cult I must say.

All those things are very important for body and brain, especially if you're very active like I am. If I didn't eat meat I would literally become ill and certainly wouldn't keep up the lifestyle i do. Not without processed foods, supplements etc.. in which case that isn't a natural diet and proves that we do indeed need meat.

Shaolin monks train 3 times a day, 6/7 days a week and nothing happens to them. They are vegans by the way. You don't need to over complicate food. Just eat it, forget about nutrients. Especially the petty ones. And who cares about "natural". Why are you using the Internet then? Is that freaking natural? Hell no.
Shaolin monks train 3 times a day, 6/7 days a week and nothing happens to them. They are vegans by the way. You don't need to over complicate food. Just eat it, forget about nutrients. Especially the petty ones. And who cares about "natural". Why are you using the Internet then? Is that freaking natural? Hell no.

Uh, I'm not eating the internet. Anyone who cares about their body and mind cares about natural.

"Forget about nutrients".

Okay I'm literally speechless. Nothing else to say now. Anyway, time for some non-halal steak and eggs, my muscles won't heal by themselves. :biggrin: peace out
Original post by TommyDH
Uh, I'm not eating the internet. Anyone who cares about their body and mind cares about natural.

"Forget about nutrients".

Okay I'm literally speechless. Nothing else to say now. Anyway, time for some non-halal steak and eggs, my muscles won't heal by themselves. :biggrin: peace out

You are speechless because I'm right. It's quite hypocritical to be crying "NATURAL" every chance you get when you're using something unnatural. Why should some things be natural and others unnatural?

Funny how you also complained about "feminine men" when you in fact constantly brag about your "muscles" and how you "work out a lot". I don't care.
(edited 5 years ago)
You are speechless because I'm right. It's quite hypocritical to be crying "NATURAL" every chance you get when you're using something unnatural. Why should some things be natural and others unnatural?

Uh, again, I'm literally not eating the internet. You think people eat the internet? What are you even talking about? I'm not following the logic. Because I don't eat the internet I'm not allowed to eat natural? Or because I eat natural that means I have to eat the internet or I'm a hypocrite? YOU'RE NOT EVEN MAKING SENSE.

I'm speechless because that's the first time I've ever heard someone say bad nutrition doesn't matter. Hence the link.

Left untreated for too long, vitamin B-12 deficiency may cause irreversible damage to the nervous system. More severe symptoms include:

difficulty walking

muscle weakness

irritability

dementia

depression

memory loss

Out of curiosity, how the hell does one "eat the internet"? I mean I'll give it a go for you, as to not be a hypocrite y'know.

Facetiousness aside, I think I kinda get the gist of what you're trying to say.

If someone eats healthy that means they're not allowed to use technology. But this is a fallacy, humans evolved intelligence to invent. We're inventors. We developed our brains (ironically, thanks to meat eating through scavenging) in order to create tools such as spears that enabled us to hunt to eat more meat which developed our brains further which led to the development of civilization. So yes, the use of technology is part of being natural. So your argument still doesn't make sense.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TommyDH
Uh, again, I'm literally not eating the internet. You think people eat the internet? What are you even talking about? I'm not following the logic. Because I don't eat the internet I'm not allowed to eat natural? Or because I eat natural that means I have to eat the internet or I'm a hypocrite? YOU'RE NOT EVEN MAKING SENSE.

I'm speechless because that's the first time I've ever heard someone say bad nutrition doesn't matter. Hence the link.

Out of curiosity, how the hell does one "eat the internet"? I mean I'll give it a go for you, as to not be a hypocrite y'know.

Why should the things you eat be "natural" but the things you use be "unnatural"? More specifically, why is "natural" better? As long as you maintain a healthy weight and exercise, it doesn't matter what you eat.
Original post by TommyDH

Facetiousness aside, I think I kinda get the gist of what you're trying to say.

If someone eats healthy that means they're not allowed to use technology. But this is a fallacy, humans evolved intelligence to invent. We're inventors. We developed our brains (ironically, thanks to meat eating through scavenging) in order to create tools such as spears that enabled us to hunt to eat more meat which developed our brains further which led to the development of civilization. So yes, the use of technology is part of being natural. So your argument still doesn't make sense.

Technology isn't natural, otherwise it would have been available to ancient humans.
B12- fortified foods, soybeans etc. Creatine-body produces it (1g a day). Carnosine- again, produced naturally in the body. D3- lichen? DHA-algal oil. Heme-iron- not important. Taurine- body produces.

Also, the fact that I don't eat meat automatically shows I'm not an omnivore. Simple as that. And I also don't care about petty nutrients. The lives of animals are more important.

Evolutionarily speaking you are actually an omnivore and you are evolved to consume both a plant and meat based diet.

It is no doubt people eat far too much red meat nowadays, and that they do eat may not be the healthy versions. But we are meant to eat meat. It is why we have the enzymes capable of breaking down meat, require some amino acids from meat and have canine teeth, we lack carnassials as we are not obligate carnivores.
Why should the things you eat be "natural" but the things you use be "unnatural"? More specifically, why is "natural" better? As long as you maintain a healthy weight and exercise, it doesn't matter what you eat.

Fallacy. We evolved to create and use technology, it's why we have the brains we do. (thanks to meat!). So technology is natural, if you're human. If it wasn't we'd never have created spears and stone tools in the first place. But apparently you're not human as you've claimed twice before xD

Of course it matters what you eat. Food is fuel and medicine. If you put bad fuel in a car the car breaks down. If you give someone bad medicine they get sick. What's the point of being "a healthy weight" when you're riddled with disorders, syndromes, cancer, suffer from low testosterone, have manboobs because of the estrogen etc and everything else inbetween?
Original post by VMD100
Evolutionarily speaking you are actually an omnivore and you are evolved to consume both a plant and meat based diet.

It is no doubt people eat far too much red meat nowadays, and that they do eat may not be the healthy versions. But we are meant to eat meat. It is why we have the enzymes capable of breaking down meat, require some amino acids from meat and have canine teeth, we lack carnassials as we are not obligate carnivores.

Well I am not an omnivore, since I don't eat meat. That's what I think.
Technology isn't natural, otherwise it would have been available to ancient humans.

Uh.. it was. They literally 'invented' tools. They then literally 'invented' irrigation. They then literally invented aqueducts. Infact, ancient man has LITERALLY been inventing technology since their very existence, all the way up to modern times, where we're STILL inventing technology.

We evolved to invent. Technology is natural to us, because it's the very reason for our existence.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TommyDH
I have educated myself, and our paleo ancestors did not eat grains (except perhaps wild grains that no longer exist), rice or potatoes. They ate meat, fish, eggs, roots and some plants. Guess what I eat? Meat, fish, eggs, roots and some plants.

We didn't evolve eating soy with hipster hats on poking our little pinkys out.

I won't be part of your evil agenda, veganism is a direct attack on men. It's designed to make us weak, malnourished and to inhibit our growth. Not to mention the detrimental effects it has on hormones, feminising men causing a whole host of issues from loneliness, singledom to depression.

Also it's out of the question for me anyway, as I said, I cycle a lot and workout everyday. Without meat I wouldn't be able to get the nutrition I need.

What we did in our ancestral environment has been irrelevant for a long time and is only becoming less relevant. Our ancestors died of smallpox and other preventable ailments; you haven't because we've moved on and solved those problems. We didn't evolve using computers and other mass-produced goods or living in houses; presumably you intend to give up those things? Perhaps most noticeably, our ancestors hunted and gathered for their own food in their immediate locale. You don't even try to do that! You only care what our distant ancestors did when it suits you and when it provides a convenient excuse for what you're already doing.

You post a video showing some skinny vegans. To my eye they don't look particularly malnourished. One way or the other, I don't deny that it's possible to have an unhealthy vegan diet just as it's very possible to have an unhealthy omnivorous diet. In the end, you have posted anecdotes and opinion pieces. To prop up a claim as outrageous as ''it's designed to make us weak, malnourished, and to inhibit our growth'' - ''designed'', for ****'s sake - by whom? and why? - to prop up a claim that outrageous, I would like some data, thank you very much.
Original post by TommyDH
Fallacy. We evolved to create and use technology, it's why we have the brains we do. (thanks to meat!). So technology is natural, if you're human. If it wasn't we'd never have created spears and stone tools in the first place. But apparently you're not human as you've claimed twice before xD

Of course it matters what you eat. Food is fuel and medicine. If you put bad fuel in a car the car breaks down. If you give someone bad medicine they get sick. What's the point of being "a healthy weight" when you're riddled with disorders, syndromes, cancer, suffer from low testosterone, have manboobs because of the estrogen etc and everything else inbetween?

They are not created by unnatural machinery though. Spears can be made naturally and be present in all time periods.

If you exercise a lot, you won't have any of those conditions.
(edited 5 years ago)
They are not created by unnatural machinery though. Spears can be made naturally and be present in all time periods.

So you're claiming we didn't evolve to create technology?

Well okay then brainlet. If we aren't supposed to create technology like you claim... why do we? Why did we evolve the intelligence to do so if we aren't supposed to use that intelligence?

(Science disagrees with you by the way)
(edited 5 years ago)
Well I am not an omnivore, since I don't eat meat. That's what I think.

Biology disagrees with you, but I do respect your decision to not eat meat. It does make it more difficult to meet some nutritional requirements though, as it's not the diet that we evolved eating.
Original post by TommyDH
So you're claiming we didn't evolve to create technology?

Well okay then brainlet. If we aren't supposed to create technology like you claim... why do we? Why did we evolve the intelligence to do so if we aren't supposed to use that intelligence?

The brain is constantly being used. So really, you're always using that intelligence. There are plenty of other ways of putting the mind to use.

If you exercise a lot, you won't have any of those conditions.

Wrong.
Original post by RogerOxon
Biology disagrees with you, but I do respect your decision to not eat meat. It does make it more difficult to meet some nutritional requirements though, as it's not the diet that we evolved eating.

I disagree with biology.

Which non-human animals made spears?

The rise of human species was dependent, to a large extent, on tool making.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending