The Student Room Group

Ucas personal statement

Mmmmmm
(edited 5 years ago)
Unis usually take a week or 2 weeks to reply
U need Workexperience if u want u r personal statement to be good
Because I am a mature student and applying to such an elite university , I want my statement to stand out. Even though I have not worked there. However ,Everyingthing else on my statement is legit.
Original post by Alii7777777
Because I am a mature student and applying to such an elite university , I want my statement to stand out. Even though I have not worked there. However ,Everyingthing else on my statement is legit.

How many A&F applications do you think LSE gets from mature students who have a reference from an accounts firm?

They will almost certainly be able to identify your application from what you have put on TSR.

Why do you think that lying will make your application stand out? You’re applying for an academic degree not a job or vocational course - work experience is not beneficial.
Original post by PQ
How many A&F applications do you think LSE gets from mature students who have a reference from an accounts firm?

They will almost certainly be able to identify your application from what you have put on TSR.

Why do you think that lying will make your application stand out? You’re applying for an academic degree not a job or vocational course - work experience is not beneficial.

I understand and the other stuff I have put in is really good stuff. Also , what do you mean by TSR ? . I did that to give my statement a little more strength . Iike I said before the , my statement overall is really good.
Should I change it ??

Absolutely change it. Do not lie.
(edited 5 years ago)
I understand and the other stuff I have put in is really good stuff. Also , what do you mean by TSR ? . I did that to give my statement a little more strength . Iike I said before the , my statement overall is really good.

I mean that if anyone from LSE admissions/A&F is looking on TSR they may well spot this thread and be able to identify your application.
"The School reserves the right to reasonably refuse an application; lay down such conditions as it sees fit for admission; and terminate, with immediate effect and without appeal, the registration of an individual who is subsequently discovered to have omitted or falsified relevant facts or information concerned with his/her application. The School also reserves the right to pass information to interested parties such as UCAS and UKVI where an application is deemed fraudulent."
https://info.lse.ac.uk/staff/services/Policies-and-procedures/Assets/Documents/uGAdmPol.pdf?from_serp=1

You've admitted publicly to submitting falsified facts in your application with enough information to tie your application to your posts on TSR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending