The Student Room Group

Plymouth or Reading university?

I am applying to study Architecture at Uni with predicted grades AAAA. I want to put Plymouth or Reading as my insurance choice as they ask for ABB-BBB. However, I just can't decide! I think they're both good and reputable unis, so I feel i should look at the things to do in each place to help decide. Also, as my other choices are all cities, I felt it would be nice to apply to something different such as a seaside city or town. Does anyone know which has the better nightlife, students union, experience etc? I understand Reading is just a half hour trainride away from London for a night out, but do any of the students even bother going into the city to go out? I heard that theres a rave scene in Plymouth too, is it any good?
I can't speak for Plymouth but my daughter did a Masters at Reading and she had a great social life! Reading has quite a few clubs in town,so students don't need to travel into London for a night out. Also, there is a club on campus run by the Students Union and also a good bar on campus called Park Bar. Reading itself feels a lot like a small city (although it is a town) as it has loads of shops, bars, restaurants, a comedy club etc. Also, Reading Uni is considered a more prestigious Uni than Plymouth generally, although I don't know anything about their Architecture course. Maybe post this in both the University forums for the opinions of current/potential students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending