The Student Room Group

Opinions about studying fine art in University

Hello😄 I would like to know peoples opinions and what it’s like to study fine art in University.
For example, is it similar to studying an art course in college, what is the first, second and third year like etc
Original post by Roxox
Hello😄 I would like to know peoples opinions and what it’s like to study fine art in University.
For example, is it similar to studying an art course in college, what is the first, second and third year like etc

Whether it’s similar to a college course will depend on the course and college you’re comparing to and the university you’re thinking about.

I would recommend that you go to open days and summer shows to see for yourself and speak to staff and students.
Original post by Roxox

Hey Roxox

I'm Belinda, I graduated from BA (Hons) Fine Art at Leeds Arts University in 2017 and I have worked at the university ever since I graduated! The best thing I can advise is to research the universities that you're interested in, book onto open days, visit the cities and find out as much information possible to make sure you make the best decision for you.

If you're interested to know more about BA (Hons) Fine Art at Leeds Arts University, please click here. To order a prospectus click here, and to book onto an open day, click here.

Hopefully we will see you soon!

Belinda :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest