The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Can't choose any module

Hello,
I enrolled to the Business Management course this week and realized that I cannot choose and thus start any module.
I applied for the credit transfer some time ago and 180 credits were accepted (modules from Group 1 to 3).
Right now, I am trying to apply to the only modules available in Group 6, but I can't because "you'll be able to select this module after you have completed your selections in a previous group of modules".

What does it mean? Please, do not tell me that I need to pass Group 4 and 5 exams first, cause they are blank right now and I guess they will be available in October!! :frown:
Talk to the OU. Maybe they’ll have to do it for you as they can bypass the systems. They had to do that for me when I enrolled on L2 courses after a break from the OU as the prerequisite modules had changed.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by SuperCat007
Talk to the OU. Maybe they’ll have to do it for you as they can bypass the systems. They had to do that for me when I enrolled on L2 courses after a break from the OU as the prerequisite modules had changed.

Thank you, I hope they will let me enroll :frown:
The Open University will register you manually. I'm studying 2x 30 Credit Level 1 modules in Feb, but studying a 60 Credit Level 2 module in October, but I'll have to register over the phone for them to do. You'll be completely fine :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by NovaeSci186
The Open University will register you manually. I'm studying 2x 30 Credit Level 1 modules in Feb, but studying a 60 Credit Level 2 module in October, but I'll have to register over the phone for them to do. You'll be completely fine :smile:

Thank you. A question, do you mean groups or stages? Cause right now I am at stage 2 and there are no modules available for me... I was wondering if I can study something from stage 3
Original post by elisa90
Thank you. A question, do you mean groups or stages? Cause right now I am at stage 2 and there are no modules available for me... I was wondering if I can study something from stage 3

I would recommend calling them and speaking to them directly - as above, it's quite possible they will need to manually enter you for the modules of choice given your background (which the system is probably not tailored for). They will also be able to advise on whether you can take stage 3 modules etc.

Quick Reply

Latest