The Student Room Group

Ex on Tinder day after we break up

My boyfriend and I split up - he said he needed some space and thought maybe he wanted to be on his own for a bit. Fine. The next day I find out from a friend that he is on Tinder. I did ask him about it and he said that he is on it but not looking to meet anyone and he has no interest in anyone. I think, of course, he is talking to other girls and making some plans to meet them. I know I need to let him just get on with it but I cannot understand why he lied about it. Any advice for someone struggling with a breakup.
it sucks, it really does and I hate to be the one to say this but it looks like he isn't looking for another relationship as opposed to something a bit more... casual...
he may not have been lying when he said he needs space and doesn't want a relationship but that doesn't make it any classier to be on tinder the day after a relationship.
as you've acknowledged you need to let let him go and get on with it and just thank your lucky stars you just dodged a bullet because you don't want a relationship with a guy like that however much you might feel like you do right now xx
do the same thing hun,
Original post by sachinihimara
it sucks, it really does and I hate to be the one to say this but it looks like he isn't looking for another relationship as opposed to something a bit more... casual...
he may not have been lying when he said he needs space and doesn't want a relationship but that doesn't make it any classier to be on tinder the day after a relationship.
as you've acknowledged you need to let let him go and get on with it and just thank your lucky stars you just dodged a bullet because you don't want a relationship with a guy like that however much you might feel like you do right now xx

Yup. Your boy wants to play the field.
Reply 4
He was probably on there when he was with you, scumbag
Original post by xDron3
He was probably on there when he was with you, scumbag

oh I didn't consider that... does tinder show when a profile was created? the op could check that
but then again why waste more of her life on him..
Reply 6
Original post by sachinihimara
oh I didn't consider that... does tinder show when a profile was created? the op could check that
but then again why waste more of her life on him..

No I don't think you can, best thing OP can do is accept the hurt and get over it. No other way really unless she wants to do the same lol
Reply 7
I really dont think he was on there before he said he wanted space. We went away over christmas so I am sure I would have noticed.

I am trying not to think about it but it really hurts. Like the time we spent together means nothing. Spoke to him the other day and he was upset with me because he wanted space and I tried to push things - I rang him the day after he said he wanted space because he had said he was still coming to a family meal. He said he hadnt forgiven me for that yet but he will do. I said that it was weird not seeing him and he said that he is sure we'll see each other again soon. I am leaving him for the time being but I really do still think there is something there. Am I crazy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending