The Student Room Group

Is it immature to block someone who ghosted you ?

I really wanna block this guy i was seeing but i feel like its immature. He ghosted me and would manipulate me and make me feel special and then gone again and come back again. Always like that. And i found out he lied to me about so many things. I want to block him but i feel like it is sooooo immature :frown: what should i do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iceyyyy
I really wanna block this guy i was seeing but i feel like its immature. He ghosted me and would manipulate me and make me feel special and then gone again and come back again. Always like that. And i found out he lied to me about so many things. I want to block him but i feel like it is sooooo immature :frown: what should i do?

Yes it is immature because blocking someone does not block any feeling you have for them, it magnifies it. This is because you are unable to contact the blocked person which leaves you alone with your thoughts and without closure. The most mature thing you can do is to do nothing, if he pops up in a couple of weeks be civil but treat him like he should be treated - an untrustworthy stranger.
Reply 2
Original post by tashkent46
Yes it is immature because blocking someone does not block any feeling you have for them, it magnifies it. This is because you are unable to contact the blocked person which leaves you alone with your thoughts and without closure. The most mature thing you can do is to do nothing, if he pops up in a couple of weeks be civil but treat him like he should be treated - an untrustworthy stranger.

I have never blocked someone before but everybody I spoke to said i should block him and that is the right thing to do. So now im confused.... should i speak to him about it or just ignore or block.... its confusing and i dont want him to think that im just one immature ass *****
if you think he may have ghosted you for no reason then yeah going for it would be the best idea but if you have done something wrong i wouldn't recommend doing anything just see if he trys to pop up in your DM's any time soon hope this helps! :smile:
BrownEyedBaker

he may have ghosted her for a reason though so youre basically telling her to disacknowlage him for no reason
Original post by iceyyyy
I have never blocked someone before but everybody I spoke to said i should block him and that is the right thing to do. So now im confused.... should i speak to him about it or just ignore or block.... its confusing and i dont want him to think that im just one immature ass *****

Try to speak to him and if he does not communicate with you it is him being immature. Blocking does not work, if you want to talk to someone using the block button does not take this away this feeling.
exactly my point :smile:
Reply 7
Try to speak to him and if he does not communicate with you it is him being immature. Blocking does not work, if you want to talk to someone using the block button does not take this away this feeling.

Ive tried telling him about my feelings he would just ghosted me for days and would come back sayinh different stuff and ignore literally everything.
Original post by iceyyyy
Ive tried telling him about my feelings he would just ghosted me for days and would come back sayinh different stuff and ignore literally everything.

then he is clearly hating you for no reason just block and carry on with life he clearly isnt worth it
Reply 9
I found out he lied to me. Not long ago. We were living together for like 3 months or a lil less. He would say hes studying but he went out and make out with another girl and stuff. (So many more) he disappointed me so many times too and everytime i wanna talk abt something serious he would ignore and come back with something else. He knew he hurt me yet he exploited me and took advantage of me bc i cant mad. So idk what to do really
Reply 10
Original post by browneyedbaker
if you think he may have ghosted you for no reason then yeah going for it would be the best idea but if you have done something wrong i wouldn't recommend doing anything just see if he trys to pop up in your DM's any time soon hope this helps! :smile:
BrownEyedBaker

I have done something wrong yeah i explained on the comments before this... i have no idea why did he do that. Ghosting is the worst. I rather someone hurt my feeling by being honest
Original post by iceyyyy
I found out he lied to me. Not long ago. We were living together for like 3 months or a lil less. He would say hes studying but he went out and make out with another girl and stuff. (So many more) he disappointed me so many times too and everytime i wanna talk abt something serious he would ignore and come back with something else. He knew he hurt me yet he exploited me and took advantage of me bc i cant mad. So idk what to do really

just ignore him turn off that phone and disaknowlage him he doesnt deserve your attention
just ignore him turn off that phone and disaknowlage him he doesnt deserve your attention

he might be made to be like this idk
he might be made to be like this idk

just try ignoring him if he starts anything say you have moved on
just try ignoring him if he starts anything say you have moved on

i hope this has helped
no lol. They already ghosted you so doesn't make a difference.

I usually block people like that so I don't have to see their name or face on my news feed etc. Sometimes I unblock them in the future when I don't care about them.

Blocking helps the pain :redface:
(edited 5 years ago)
a bit pointless since he doesnt even care about you to begin with but try it and see if it makes you at least kinda satisfied. or leave him mental texts.
Original post by ChickenMadness
no lol. They already ghosted you so doesn't make a difference.

I usually block people like that so I don't have to see their name or face on my news feed etc. Sometimes I unblock them in the future when I don't care about them.

Blocking helps the pain :redface:

stay strong bruh. you'll be alright. xx
Reply 18
Original post by Bang Outta Order
a bit pointless since he doesnt even care about you to begin with but try it and see if it makes you at least kinda satisfied. or leave him mental texts.

He said he did care blablabla just busy blabla puke. Mental text?
Original post by iceyyyy

It's not immature to want someone out of mind if they have been treating you bad. Block him, move on, life is to short to put up with anyone's manipulating behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending