Is it immature to block someone who ghosted you ? Watch

iceyyyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I really wanna block this guy i was seeing but i feel like its immature. He ghosted me and would manipulate me and make me feel special and then gone again and come back again. Always like that. And i found out he lied to me about so many things. I want to block him but i feel like it is sooooo immature what should i do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tashkent46
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by iceyyyy)
I really wanna block this guy i was seeing but i feel like its immature. He ghosted me and would manipulate me and make me feel special and then gone again and come back again. Always like that. And i found out he lied to me about so many things. I want to block him but i feel like it is sooooo immature what should i do?
Yes it is immature because blocking someone does not block any feeling you have for them, it magnifies it. This is because you are unable to contact the blocked person which leaves you alone with your thoughts and without closure. The most mature thing you can do is to do nothing, if he pops up in a couple of weeks be civil but treat him like he should be treated - an untrustworthy stranger.
iceyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by tashkent46)
Yes it is immature because blocking someone does not block any feeling you have for them, it magnifies it. This is because you are unable to contact the blocked person which leaves you alone with your thoughts and without closure. The most mature thing you can do is to do nothing, if he pops up in a couple of weeks be civil but treat him like he should be treated - an untrustworthy stranger.
I have never blocked someone before but everybody I spoke to said i should block him and that is the right thing to do. So now im confused.... should i speak to him about it or just ignore or block.... its confusing and i dont want him to think that im just one immature ass *****
browneyedbaker
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
if you think he may have ghosted you for no reason then yeah going for it would be the best idea but if you have done something wrong i wouldn't recommend doing anything just see if he trys to pop up in your DM's any time soon hope this helps!
BrownEyedBaker
browneyedbaker
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
he may have ghosted her for a reason though so youre basically telling her to disacknowlage him for no reason
tashkent46
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have never blocked someone before but everybody I spoke to said i should block him and that is the right thing to do. So now im confused.... should i speak to him about it or just ignore or block.... its confusing and i dont want him to think that im just one immature ass *****
Try to speak to him and if he does not communicate with you it is him being immature. Blocking does not work, if you want to talk to someone using the block button does not take this away this feeling.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you're blocking them purely because they're ghosting you, then yes that's immature. They are not obligated to be in contact with you and you are not entitled to responses from them. Blocking someone just because they've cut contact, or not replied is childish.

Blocking them because you don't want them in your life is a different matter. If someone has lied to you, hurt you, etc. then blocking them is more justified. That said, blocking people is a modern solution to an old problem. Normally, when you don't want to have contact with someone you just ignore them. You don't have to go out of your way to block them. If they contact you again, tell them you don't want them to message you any more. Blocking is really just a way to get around the problem rather than deal with it.
browneyedbaker
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Acsel)
If you're blocking them purely because they're ghosting you, then yes that's immature. They are not obligated to be in contact with you and you are not entitled to responses from them. Blocking someone just because they've cut contact, or not replied is childish.

Blocking them because you don't want them in your life is a different matter. If someone has lied to you, hurt you, etc. then blocking them is more justified. That said, blocking people is a modern solution to an old problem. Normally, when you don't want to have contact with someone you just ignore them. You don't have to go out of your way to block them. If they contact you again, tell them you don't want them to message you any more. Blocking is really just a way to get around the problem rather than deal with it.
exactly my point
iceyyyy
Rep:
?
Try to speak to him and if he does not communicate with you it is him being immature. Blocking does not work, if you want to talk to someone using the block button does not take this away this feeling.
Ive tried telling him about my feelings he would just ghosted me for days and would come back sayinh different stuff and ignore literally everything.
browneyedbaker
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ive tried telling him about my feelings he would just ghosted me for days and would come back sayinh different stuff and ignore literally everything.
then he is clearly hating you for no reason just block and carry on with life he clearly isnt worth it
iceyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)

I found out he lied to me. Not long ago. We were living together for like 3 months or a lil less. He would say hes studying but he went out and make out with another girl and stuff. (So many more) he disappointed me so many times too and everytime i wanna talk abt something serious he would ignore and come back with something else. He knew he hurt me yet he exploited me and took advantage of me bc i cant mad. So idk what to do really
iceyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by browneyedbaker)
if you think he may have ghosted you for no reason then yeah going for it would be the best idea but if you have done something wrong i wouldn't recommend doing anything just see if he trys to pop up in your DM's any time soon hope this helps!
BrownEyedBaker
I have done something wrong yeah i explained on the comments before this... i have no idea why did he do that. Ghosting is the worst. I rather someone hurt my feeling by being honest
browneyedbaker
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I found out he lied to me. Not long ago. We were living together for like 3 months or a lil less. He would say hes studying but he went out and make out with another girl and stuff. (So many more) he disappointed me so many times too and everytime i wanna talk abt something serious he would ignore and come back with something else. He knew he hurt me yet he exploited me and took advantage of me bc i cant mad. So idk what to do really
just ignore him turn off that phone and disaknowlage him he doesnt deserve your attention
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
As before, if you don't want this person in your life then block them. Or stop responding to them.
browneyedbaker
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
just ignore him turn off that phone and disaknowlage him he doesnt deserve your attention
he might be made to be like this idk
browneyedbaker
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
he might be made to be like this idk
just try ignoring him if he starts anything say you have moved on
browneyedbaker
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
just try ignoring him if he starts anything say you have moved on
i hope this has helped
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
no lol. They already ghosted you so doesn't make a difference.

I usually block people like that so I don't have to see their name or face on my news feed etc. Sometimes I unblock them in the future when I don't care about them.

Blocking helps the pain
Last edited by ChickenMadness; 2 months ago
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
a bit pointless since he doesnt even care about you to begin with but try it and see if it makes you at least kinda satisfied. or leave him mental texts.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
no lol. They already ghosted you so doesn't make a difference.

I usually block people like that so I don't have to see their name or face on my news feed etc. Sometimes I unblock them in the future when I don't care about them.

Blocking helps the pain
stay strong bruh. you'll be alright. xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads