The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Dont know about the inter-hall stuff, but certainly some halls make good friends with each other. JM, Rootes, Whitefields seem to be make good mates. I would forget Heron Bank and Lakeside if you want an intersting and active social life, they are quiet. AV is a bit quieter than JM, but people tend to make good friends because of the common rooms, not sure about kitchen to kitchen though.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
There was an inter-hall snowball fight this year :p:
Reply 3
Mighty mighty Rootes! :biggrin:
Not much inter-hall rivalry as far as I'm concerned unless JM coming over and setting off my fire alarm counts.
There's a slight friendly rivalry between the Westwood halls, which can veer towards the aggressive when people are walking home drunk.
Yellow Bentines
There's a slight friendly rivalry between the Westwood halls, which can veer towards the aggressive when people are walking home drunk.

Only cos Knightcote rule tho :wink:

No, seriously, violance?! I'm gonna hazard a guess that Hampton are at the bottom of it?
Notebooksecrets
Only cos Knightcote rule tho :wink:

No, seriously, violance?! I'm gonna hazard a guess that Hampton are at the bottom of it?

Pfft, Knightcote are little wimps who get in a huff just because we threw some pasta at them :rolleyes:

And yeah, bottom floor Hampton have been involved in all the interhall violence I've heard of.
living in westwood is like living in scotland. whitefields rules. :p: next year the plan is to introduce more inter accomodation tournaments which should make itmore interesting.
Not really any hall competition since everyone has friends from every hall.

Except when it snows...
Rootes would have a civil war (old vs new) while JM and AV fights
Rootes would then attack JM and move towards AV
Claycroft is too peaceful to join in the fight
Westwood promised to enter the Rootes and JM war next time it snows

There's a massive water war coming up too, we'll see what happens then.

There's also the odd stereotypes of people from each hall.
Reply 10
Paradiddle_man
Not really any hall competition since everyone has friends from every hall.

Except when it snows...
Rootes would have a civil war (old vs new) while JM and AV fights
Rootes would then attack JM and move towards AV
Claycroft is too peaceful to join in the fight
Westwood promised to enter the Rootes and JM war next time it snows

There's also the odd stereotypes of people from each hall.

such as....?
Reply 11
Rootes are the noisiest, rowdiest and most social; Arthur Vick and Jack Martin are pretentious snobs.
Rubbish stereotypes quoted in jest more than anything: everyone knows people from every accomodation block that defies them.
Reply 12
Paradiddle_man

Don't get too excited, last year there was a Facebook event for "the world's largest water fight" behind Rootes, complete with a set time, date and location and over a thousand people confirmed as attending.

16 people turned up.
Reply 13
Quinion
Don't get too excited, last year there was a Facebook event for "the world's largest water fight" behind Rootes, complete with a set time, date and location and over a thousand people confirmed as attending.

16 people turned up.

were you one of them?
Reply 14
epitomize
were you one of them?

Yup. Wasn't a bad water fight. Just not a 1,000-strong epic as promised.
Reply 15
Quinion
Yup. Wasn't a bad water fight. Just not a 1,000-strong epic as promised.

oh well. maybe next year.......

Latest