Pure Mathematics (P1) EDEXCEL IAL new specification January 2019

Watch
ameer10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hey guys, did anyone do the edexcel IAL P1 new spec today? how was it.
OMG354
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yup me !!! Did you do good?
OMG354
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it was easier than the specimen mock paper
OMG354
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did you do in the sin and cos curve ? What was the number of solution from 0 to 20 pi? And from 0 to 21pi
UmR_5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah me. It wasnt what i was expecting. I expected something like the sample paper or the practice exam paper in the book. Soo i found it a bit tough. The paper was weird. Hopeing for low grade boundries
ameer10
Rep:
?
(Original post by OMG354)
What did you do in the sin and cos curve ? What was the number of solution from 0 to 20 pi? And from 0 to 21pi
both 10 solutions ?
also, it was really tough from my sjde and the specimen paper was a lot easier... i don't know, but i hope boundaries are low
ameer10
Rep:
?
(Original post by UmR_5)
Yeah me. It wasnt what i was expecting. I expected something like the sample paper or the practice exam paper in the book. Soo i found it a bit tough. The paper was weird. Hopeing for low grade boundries
i totally agree with you. the layout was nothing like the specimen paper and the type of questions was really tough for me..
ameer10
Rep:
?
what was the total length for the wood? i got 19.something
UmR_5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ameer10)
i totally agree with you. the layout was nothing like the specimen paper and the type of questions was really tough for me..
Well, good luck! Im kinda disappointed by the paper, was really expecting alot easier and relevant questions. I hope the boundaries are low
ameer10
Rep:
?
(Original post by UmR_5)
Well, good luck! Im kinda disappointed by the paper, was really expecting alot easier and relevant questions. I hope the boundaries are low
everyone in my batch said it was a tough paper... what did you get for the total length of wood if i may ask and if you remember? and good luck to u too!
Last edited by ameer10; 2 years ago
UmR_5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
everyone in my batch said it was a tough paper... what did you get for the total length of wood if i may ask and if you remember? and good luck to u too!
It was the same in my batch, we all left the hall laughing at each other 😂. Anyways, im not sure about the answer but i used cosine rule to calculate the longest side which was AC i believe and added the other 2 sides, 4.7 m and 6.5m and my angle at B was 92.5 degrees. I hope that's correct
ameer10
Rep:
?
(Original post by UmR_5)
It was the same in my batch, we all left the hall laughing at each other 😂. Anyways, im not sure about the answer but i used cosine rule to calculate the longest side which was AC i believe and added the other 2 sides, 4.7 m and 6.5m and my angle at B was 92.5 degrees. I hope that's correct
my angle was 128 i reckon... and the total length was 19.sometbing.
don't take my word though.. i really have nooo ideaaaaa what was happening in the exam.. i got caught off guard 😂
UmR_5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
don't take my word though.. i really have nooo ideaaaaa what was happening in the exam.. i got caught off guard 😂
Seems like we'r in the same boat 😂😂. Lets just hope for the best. To be honest, i had no idea what was going on 😂😂😂
ameer10
Rep:
?
(Original post by UmR_5)
Seems like we'r in the same boat 😂😂. Lets just hope for the best. To be honest, i had no idea what was going on 😂😂😂
i really hope that boundaries are lower than usual...
do you take physics? if so, how do you thing the exam on Thursday will be? new spec btw
Leniaeco
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys i heard many schools have made written complaints to Pearson about the exam. Is your school following suit?
OMG354
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah but he asked for one decimal place so 127.5
OMG354
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also you forgot to add the other 4.7 m inside hence it will be 24 m
ameer10
Rep:
?
(Original post by OMG354)
Also you forgot to add the other 4.7 m inside hence it will be 24 m
uhhhh how many marks have i lost if this is the case? with the 1 decimal place mistske ?
ameer10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leniaeco)
Guys i heard many schools have made written complaints to Pearson about the exam. Is your school following suit?
is this true ? why though
how was the exam for you
OMG354
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
uhhhh how many marks have i lost if this is the case? with the 1 decimal place mistske ?
1 I suppose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (26)
27.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
9.68%
No I am happy with my choice (52)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.45%

Watched Threads