A level politics Watch

Clara2406
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am trying to do my politics homework but I have no idea how to approach the source questions.

Does anyone have any advice or websites which would be helpful?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
alice0502
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Clara2406)
I am trying to do my politics homework but I have no idea how to approach the source questions.

Does anyone have any advice or websites which would be helpful?
With source questions i like to plan my answer by reading the question, identifying the focus and then pick out three to four points from the source that i can use in my answer. If i find the source hard to understand or lacking in points i'll also try to identify my own points i think i can use and see if i can link them to the source. Once this is done i try to think how i can expand and argue both for and against these points in terms of the question is asking and think of suitable evidence that can also be used.
When starting in the introduction always have a clear opinion on what the question is asking (e.g. whether you agree or disagree) and then you can carry this argument through the answer making it have a clear structure.
One of my favourite ways too structure paragraphs is to start it with the argument that you find weaker and disagree with and following it with your standpoint. This then makes your argument look stronger and makes it easier to reach a mini conclusion at the end of the paragraph. IT also ensures for a balance of opinion throughout the essay.
Make sure in the conclusion, as with the intro, your argument is clear and include points you've used in your paragraphs to back it up.

I hope this was helpful as i know how daunting source questions can seem and please let me know if you need anymore help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?