Will new piercing close up if I take it off during the school day? Watch

m2b
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey, I’m a 16 y/o male that had both earlobes pierced on the weekend. I got to school on Monday and got put in isolation for having earrings in this was as I refused to various members of staff to remove them. One of the heads of schools said I could tape them for the term until the piercing heals but one of my heads of years were adamant for me to remove them (she doesn’t like me may I note but this is maybe irrelevant), so when I arrived at school today I was updated by SLT that I would have to remove them tomorrow ready for school as they apologise the tape would not be sufficient. I told my female head of year about what the piercing surgery said about how I would not be able to put the earring back in if I take it out until it heals (6 weeks). However the head of school and that head of year told me they did research showing that skin doesn’t grow quick enough for the piercing to close throughout the 7 hour course of the day. I told them about how I’m not able to take it off and put back in for infection reasons etc. And she scoffed at me. This situation has really irritated me as my school has allowed girls to wear earrings and not boys in 2019. They’ve sent me home and agreed that I will turn up to school without them in and I’ve asked my mother to complain and send me in the with them still. I’d really appreciate what you would do, anyone with any knowledge on (new) piercings etc I just need someone to comment on this !!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You should really have got it done in the summer as that gives it time to heal before you take it out. It might ge infected if you're messing with it by taking it out and putting it back, but if they insist then the best you can probably do is carry a stud with you and put it in briefly at break and lunchtimes - but also carry some wipes so you can clean it before you do - then put it back in at the end of the day. I also imagine it could be quite painful as it might have started to heal so you'll need to push it through.. In fact it sounds like a nightmare, I feel for you!
m2b
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
You should really have got it done in the summer as that gives it time to heal before you take it out. It might ge infected if you're messing with it by taking it out and putting it back, but if they insist then the best you can probably do is carry a stud with you and put it in briefly at break and lunchtimes - but also carry some wipes so you can clean it before you do - then put it back in at the end of the day. I also imagine it could be quite painful as it might have started to heal so you'll need to push it through.. In fact it sounds like a nightmare, I feel for you!
I had no clue that they weren’t to be worn at school as a lot of other students walk around with many earrings so it was just my luck. I think I’m going to get my mum to email pleading to let me cover them with tape but I really don’t want to remove them as piercings can reject and I know it will close, with my luck if I poke around it will 100% get infected and I’m not taking the risk. They can put me in isolation for as long as they wish, it’s not fair that they treat male students differently.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by m2b)
I had no clue that they weren’t to be worn at school as a lot of other students walk around with many earrings so it was just my luck. I think I’m going to get my mum to email pleading to let me cover them with tape but I really don’t want to remove them as piercings can reject and I know it will close, with my luck if I poke around it will 100% get infected and I’m not taking the risk. They can put me in isolation for as long as they wish, it’s not fair that they treat male students differently.
If the girls are allowed to wear them and you're not then I would say you should stand up for yourself and say you won't be removing it, and calmly tell them the reason. Apologise and say you thought they were allowed, and explain that you don't want to take them out as they will either heal or get infected. Sit down with someone higher up in the school and ask why you're not allowed them yet girls are. Staying calm is the most important thing here, though. Don't forget that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads