The Student Room Group

Young British women has bad taste in men

This may come across a controversial and I know not all girls behave the same but what is it with most UK girls (in their teens and twenties) have bad taste in men? Nearly every girl I see when I’m on social media or walking around town, their boyfriends look so generic and obnoxious edgy hipsters.

It appears that girls always go for the pretty boys, boy band, cage fight, rugby player, construction labourer and the typical Love Island type of lads. I’m a 24 year old man who’s never had girlfriend and never had a girl show signs she’s attracted to me obviously becuase I don’t fit in their entry enquire men checklist on what potential lad they’d go for. I’m onwiclaly awkward gamer nerdy type of guy but I’ve tried changing my image to their most fitting and to increase my chances but it always backfires.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
But have you tried to find the right places and get with women who would have similar qualities/interests to yourself? It sounds like you have mainly observed (and generalised) some women from a distance.

As for going for pretty boys, well they are good looking / have good genetics, boy band guys have passion which is attractive, cage fight / rugby players have developed male bodies which shouldn't need explanation. So they do have features/qualities that a younger woman naturally would find attractive initially. Although, I don't have to be a girl to tell you not every girl finds those kinds of guys attractive, far from it. However for you, chances are they will ditch these guys for guys with better husband material later on.

Not that I'm a dating god myself, I do recommend you capatalize on what features you've got that you think you can be good at and believe there is some virtue in. There is a timeless attraction in doing that.
(edited 5 years ago)
HAVE bad taste. Ya muppet.
nowadays modest guys are avoided.....just weird womenizer type boys are considered as good looking....
It depends on what kind of woman you’re trying to attract, if the girls you’re going for are attracted to those kinds of men then that’s just their preference. It doesn’t mean they have bad taste, just that you don’t particularly appeal to them. Personally I find nerdy guys attractive, but that’s probably because I’m lowkey nerdy myself so.
Reply 5
Original post by Bang Outta Order
HAVE bad taste. Ya muppet.

They do and lacking common sense
Reply 6
Original post by chooseanother
It depends on what kind of woman you’re trying to attract, if the girls you’re going for are attracted to those kinds of men then that’s just their preference. It doesn’t mean they have bad taste, just that you don’t particularly appeal to them. Personally I find nerdy guys attractive, but that’s probably because I’m lowkey nerdy myself so.

I tried going for different types such as chavvy, emo, gothic, rocker, alternative, gamer you name it.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
This may come across a controversial and I know not all girls behave the same but what is it with most UK girls (in their teens and twenties) have bad taste in men? Nearly every girl I see when I’m on social media or walking around town, their boyfriends look so generic and obnoxious edgy hipsters.

It appears that girls always go for the pretty boys, boy band, cage fight, rugby player, construction labourer and the typical Love Island type of lads. I’m a 24 year old man who’s never had girlfriend and never had a girl show signs she’s attracted to me obviously becuase I don’t fit in their entry enquire men checklist on what potential lad they’d go for. I’m onwiclaly awkward gamer nerdy type of guy but I’ve tried changing my image to their most fitting and to increase my chances but it always backfires.

You don't even know basic grammar, get the **** out.
They do and lacking common sense

yea. you made a typo.

and is this a classic case of bitter unrequited love? you want them, they don't want you? why else is it your problem who they date?
They probably like men that can spell. lol
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
But have you tried to find the right places and get with women who would have similar qualities/interests to yourself? It sounds like you have mainly observed (and generalised) some women from a distance.

As for going for pretty boys, well they are good looking / have good genetics, boy band guys have passion which is attractive, cage fight / rugby players have developed male bodies which shouldn't need explanation. So they do have features/qualities that a younger woman naturally would find attractive initially. Although, I don't have to be a girl to tell you not every girl finds those kinds of guys attractive, far from it. However for you, chances are they will ditch these guys for guys with better husband material later on.

Not that I'm a dating god myself, I do recommend you capatalize on what features you've got that you think you can be good at and believe there is some virtue in. There is a timeless attraction in doing that.

Those type of lads you listed are usually cocky, arrogant and vain which appears that young women are somehow attracted to.
Original post by Ciel.

Got LD and it doesn’t have to be perfect so your *****ness isn’t needed.
Original post by ChickenMadness
They probably like men that can spell. lol

The chances are most the construction labourer type and lads like Dan Osbourne probably can’t spell themselves so you scored nothing pal.
Original post by Ciel.

simmer down ciel :rofl2:

ya got what?
Reply 14

It is. Who do you think you are? You are obviously ugly, unintelligent and poor if you can't even get a girlfriend.
I tried going for different types such as chavvy, emo, gothic, rocker, alternative, gamer you name it.

Well each woman is very individual and what they’ll be looking for in a partner will vary a lot. Instead of being a bit insecure and worrying that they’ll just leave you for another man, try to work on yourself. Become the best version of yourself and eventually you’ll attract the right person. If you’re genuine about who you are, and can offer them something other men can’t it’s unlikely they’ll want to leave you. Don’t let yourself be a victim, reflect on yourself and your attitudes and try to be confident.
Reply 16
Original post by Bang Outta Order
simmer down ciel :rofl2:

ya got what?

No, I hate guys like him the most. ****ing creep.
Reply 17
so because girls don't fancy you that automatically means that they have bad taste in men?

if i said that most guys within that age group only seem to date attractive popular girls, does that mean i am right in assuming that british guys must have bad taste in women?

pretty weird argument you have there
Original post by Ciel.

If you got problem then p*** off.
Original post by Ciel.
It is. Who do you think you are? You are obviously ugly, unintelligent and poor if you can't even get a girlfriend.

Original post by Ciel.

Original post by Allie4
so because girls don't fancy you that automatically means that they have bad taste in men?

:rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending