The Student Room Group

I think I messed up my UCAS application?

Hi there,

So I'm either an idiot or UCAS has just messed up my application. I sent it off in November, so I have no idea as to how I missed this until now!
Two problems here:
1) One of my A-Level qualifications is listed as 'English Language and Literature', when I'm just doing Literature, not language along with it. I remember putting English Literature in only, so I don't know if UCAS messed this up somehow or if I just put in the wrong qualification.
2) The exam board I listed for one of my subject is WJEC, when in reality I'm probably on Eduqas because I'm in England. I don't know if this is as big of an issue, because Eduqas is a branch of WJEC, but still.

I'm writing an email to UCAS now, but other than that I have no idea of what to do. Should I leave it and hope? Would they cancel my application for this? Any kind of advice would be helpful!
Thank you!!
Original post by sweetbun
Hi there,

So I'm either an idiot or UCAS has just messed up my application. I sent it off in November, so I have no idea as to how I missed this until now!
Two problems here:
1) One of my A-Level qualifications is listed as 'English Language and Literature', when I'm just doing Literature, not language along with it. I remember putting English Literature in only, so I don't know if UCAS messed this up somehow or if I just put in the wrong qualification.
2) The exam board I listed for one of my subject is WJEC, when in reality I'm probably on Eduqas because I'm in England. I don't know if this is as big of an issue, because Eduqas is a branch of WJEC, but still.

I'm writing an email to UCAS now, but other than that I have no idea of what to do. Should I leave it and hope? Would they cancel my application for this? Any kind of advice would be helpful!
Thank you!!

Email [email protected]

I put the wrong exam board on my application last year and they changed it within 10 minutes of me sending the email. Don't worry about it, they wont' cancel your application :smile:
UCAS won't cancel your application they will just change those details after they process your email. I don't think it will affect anything.
Because it’s more than two weeks after you sent it I think you will need to fill out a form, but it should be no big deal. The reason they say that they can cancel your application is to “scare” people into putting all grades including their bad ones. It is unlikely they will cancel it over a simple mistake. Call them tomorrow morning if you are really anxious about it as emails will take a while for a reply
Yeah, you weren't trying to pretend to have better qualifications than you do.

If anything, English Literature is regarded more highly than English Language and Literature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending