German far-right politician beaten and severely injured by masked men Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The attackers knocked him unconscious with a piece of wood and kicked him in the head, AfD officials said.
Here I am strongly condemning the brutal beating of a far-right politician. Cowardly political attacks such as these - a staple of both the far-right and the far-left - are no way to deal with political differences. And every moderate party in Germany has also condemned it - including the government, who the far-right hates so much. Despite the far-right's utter hatred of democracy, the democratic system still condemns violence against anyone, including the far-right.

The alt-right on here keep on accusing me of being far-left, just because they are sensitive snowflakes who are butthurt that I attack their ideology, but that is just utterly delusional.

I repeatedly warn against the far-left too. I focus mainly on the alt-right because they are the most pressing concern right now, but the far-left still remains as an instrument that Russia has also long used to destabilise the West.

Note the following quote:

Joint party leader Alice Weidel described the incident as an "assassination attempt" while local officials in Bremen blamed "incitement" from the centre-left SPD and Green parties.
They blame "incitement" from the very parties that condemned the attack, while completely ignoring the Kremlin's role in inciting political street battles in Europe. The level of ignorance hurts.

In this case it is an instance of the far-right and far-left battling it out by themselves, which is I suppose better than getting sane people hurt - compare it to the 'yellow jackets' riots in France, where the far-right and far-left united in their desire to trash the streets and attack police in an orgy of violence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46792556
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
The alt-right on here keep on accusing me of being far-left, just because they are sensitive snowflakes who are butthurt that I attack their ideology, but that is just utterly delusional...
what is the difference between alt-right and far-right and alt-left and far-left?
AngeryPenguin
(Original post by ltsmith)
what is the difference between alt-right and far-right and alt-left and far-left?
I don't know.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If he was far left every resource imaginable would be used on finding whose responsible and countries would be offering their assistance.This will blow over and police won't do much
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't know.
Kudos for being honest. But you do use way too many labels to tar those you know little about, which is even worse when you can't define the labels themselves.
AngeryPenguin
(Original post by Jebedee)
Kudos for being honest. But you do use way too many labels to tar those you know little about, which is even worse when you can't define the labels themselves.
Alt-right is the more online far-right equivalent I think. Far-right more describes the street thugs.
That'sGreat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Here I am strongly condemning the brutal beating of a far-right politician. Cowardly political attacks such as these - a staple of both the far-right and the far-left - are no way to deal with political differences. And every moderate party in Germany has also condemned it - including the government, who the far-right hates so much. Despite the far-right's utter hatred of democracy, the democratic system still condemns violence against anyone, including the far-right.

The alt-right on here keep on accusing me of being far-left, just because they are sensitive snowflakes who are butthurt that I attack their ideology, but that is just utterly delusional.

I repeatedly warn against the far-left too. I focus mainly on the alt-right because they are the most pressing concern right now, but the far-left still remains as an instrument that Russia has also long used to destabilise the West.

Note the following quote:

They blame "incitement" from the very parties that condemned the attack, while completely ignoring the Kremlin's role in inciting political street battles in Europe. The level of ignorance hurts.

In this case it is an instance of the far-right and far-left battling it out by themselves, which is I suppose better than getting sane people hurt - compare it to the 'yellow jackets' riots in France, where the far-right and far-left united in their desire to trash the streets and attack police in an orgy of violence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46792556
What makes the far-right haters of democracy? Because most people call Brexiteers far-right, but they are supporting democracy. Your argument doesn’t wash, unless you can expand on it, but I doubt you will because I’ve seen the standard of posts you usually make.

There are no real alt-right on TSR, there are people who are right wing who you label alt-right because you struggle to form rebuttals, and you think that’s a golden ticket to winning any argument. You are the definition of snowflake, scared of confrontation.

And I disagree that the far-right, which for the most part is just ‘right’, are a pressing issue. Are they a force to be reckoned with? Yes. Are they an issue? No. They are democratically voted in based on their policies and failures of the left. Calling them a “growing issue” is like calling your rival football team an “issue” when really they are just competing against you, nobody talks like that.
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Alt-right is the more online far-right equivalent I think. Far-right more describes the street thugs.
:rofl2:
Dandaman1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ltsmith)
Well, according to your average Lefty:

"Far-Right" = Practically anyone not in the Left.

"Alt-Right" = Anyone not on the Left who shared a spicy meme on the internet.

"Far-Left" = ERROR 404. NOT FOUND.

"Alt-Left" = ERROR 404. NOT FOUND.
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
"The alt-right on here keep on accusing me of being far-left, just because they are sensitive snowflakes who are butthurt that I attack their ideology, but that is just utterly delusional."

You are accused of being far left because you are.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So if you can only guess the meaning of these labels. Why do you keep using them?
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://youtu.be/RcWk640Rjq0
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AngeryPenguin
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
"The alt-right on here keep on accusing me of being far-left, just because they are sensitive snowflakes who are butthurt that I attack their ideology, but that is just utterly delusional."

You are accused of being far left because you are.
I have repeatedly disavowed the Marxist populists of the far-left. I just think that your bunch are more dangerous.

Me - far-left? No. I'm quite happily in the centre, one of those who defends this country's interests rather than bowing down to populist nonsense or working in league with Russia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20.04%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.09%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise