Lancaster University insurance accommodation Watch

LUCY1402
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Suppose I was to put Lancaster as my insurance choice, will I be able to get accommodation? It says they guarantee accommodation for firm choice, but what else would I do if they couldn't give me a room?
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe that most universities will try and give 1st year's accommodation if they have space. If you are an insurance candidate, they may, for example have space where someone who firmed them missed the grades, or has decided to withdraw. Alternatively you would have to look for accommodation in the area (you can contact the student union accommodation office for help with this)
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi LUCY1402,
I'm a second year student at Lancaster.
If you put Lancaster as your insurance and you end up coming here you will be given accommodation as it's prioritised for all first years (or the uni will help you to find somewhere to live). The main difference between putting a firm and insurance is that you may not get your first choice of accommodation e.g. if you apply to live in a studio after getting in on your insurance, these can be very popular so you may end up living in a superior ensuite as these are the next closest rooms.
I hope this makes sense and let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte
LUCY1402
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Hi LUCY1402,
I'm a second year student at Lancaster.
If you put Lancaster as your insurance and you end up coming here you will be given accommodation as it's prioritised for all first years (or the uni will help you to find somewhere to live). The main difference between putting a firm and insurance is that you may not get your first choice of accommodation e.g. if you apply to live in a studio after getting in on your insurance, these can be very popular so you may end up living in a superior ensuite as these are the next closest rooms.
I hope this makes sense and let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte
Hi thanks for your reply. You mentioned the uni will help you find somewhere to live if there's no room in the colleges- how likely is it this will happen and would it be in privately owned accommodation? I'm guessing it will also be further away from the campus?
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LUCY1402)
Hi thanks for your reply. You mentioned the uni will help you find somewhere to live if there's no room in the colleges- how likely is it this will happen and would it be in privately owned accommodation? I'm guessing it will also be further away from the campus?
I don't think it's very likely at all, in fact I've never heard of this actually happening!
It would be possible to live in town in a house like most 2nd/3rd years or uni accommodation in town but the uni prioritises 1st years living on campus over anyone else so I think the likelihood of this happening is very slim.
If you're really worried you can contact someone who works in accommodation directly: [email protected]
Hope this helps!
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
6.7%
They've been reasonable (75)
41.9%
Not feeling great... (46)
25.7%
They are TERRIBLE! (46)
25.7%

Watched Threads