I have a GOD Complex

Watch this thread
ScullywagonNine
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
lately I've had an extreme thought in my head. Probably for the last 6 months I've believed myself to be God. Not the classic Christian god -- more like a completely different thing. My god complex has caused me to fail some of my friends completely and really just be a huge **** in general. I know these thoughts are crazy, but that the end of the day it's impossible to prove me wrong -- only persuade me otherwise.
Mr Optimist
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ScullywagonNine)
lately I've had an extreme thought in my head. Probably for the last 6 months I've believed myself to be God. Not the classic Christian god -- more like a completely different thing. My god complex has caused me to fail some of my friends completely and really just be a huge **** in general. I know these thoughts are crazy, but that the end of the day it's impossible to prove me wrong -- only persuade me otherwise.
Have you spoken to a healthcare professional about this? Delusions of grandeur can be symptoms of various conditions. Go to your GP and they'll refer you to the right person if they deem your symptoms medically relevant (after they have done a more through investigation).
Jono*
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
u dumb bruh
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
careful, that sounds like schizophrenia
ScullywagonNine
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
bump
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Nice, NPD is glorious.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No way. I am an atheist.
Axiomasher
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What are the characteristics or abilities you demonstrate which make you believe you are God?
Pinkisk
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(at) the end of the day it's impossible to prove me wrong -- only persuade me otherwise.
The idea that you cannot prove a negative is pseudo-logic. To come to this realisation all you need is to work in research for a day where you will find the large proportion of research studies based on proving negatives. This idea is just a, with all due respect, an ignorant excuse used by atheists to avoid proving their claim that G_d does not exist. The idea that you cannot prove a negative is pseudo-logic. Allow me to demonstrate:

You claim you are G_d.

G_d is by general consensus defined as the creator of all things. He has no creator himself.

You were born into existence. Hence, you were created by someone else. Hence, you are not G_d. Thus we prove that you are wrong and that it is indeed possible to prove that you are wrong.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 3 years ago
Axiomasher
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
...G_d is by general consensus defined as the creator of all things. He has no creator himself...
But if God is a 'thing' then by your logic He created Himself.
Pinkisk
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Axiomasher)
But if God is a 'thing' then by your logic He created Himself.
I did not claim that G_d is a thing. I wrote that he created all things. Those things include the concept of creation itself. Hence it cannot be applied to him as it did not exist before he brought it into existence. Thus we prove that G_d cannot be created.

The idea that you cannot prove a negative is pseudo-logic. To come to this realisation all you need is to work in research for a day where you will find the large proportion of research studies based on proving negatives. This idea is just a, with all due respect, an ignorant excuse used by atheists to avoid proving their claim that G_d does not exist. The idea that you cannot prove a negative is pseudo-logic. Allow me to demonstrate:

You claim you are G_d.

G_d is by general consensus defined as the creator of all things. He has no creator himself.

You were born into existence. Hence, you were created by someone else. Hence, you are not G_d. Thus we prove that you are wrong and that it is indeed possible to prove that you are wrong.
I think I might have just disproven Christianity, specifically its claim that Jesus is G_d. He cannot be as he was brought into existence by another entity. As in, he was created. As in th general defintion of a G_d does not apply to him. Hence, he cannot be a G_d. Interesting...This forum makes you think and it kind of idk helps you become a better thinker in many ways. I really appreciate it.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 3 years ago
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
exactly what Davros thought...
Axiomasher
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I did not claim that G_d is a thing. I wrote that he created all things. Those things include the concept of creation itself. Hence it cannot be applied to him as it did not exist before he brought it into existence. Thus we prove that G_d cannot be created.
Is God not an existent thing?
AD41629
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Assuming you're human:

You came out your mum's womb

God cannot be created.

Is there much more to be said?
Pinkisk
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Axiomasher)
Is God not an existent thing?
In Judaism, volumes of books have been written about the identity of G_d. I would not describe him as a thing as that would be an infinitesimal description of him. I recommend you look up Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon's principles of faith for a brief look into the way in which we perceive G_d. Briefly, G_d, in Judaism, is an absolute entity.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
In Judaism, volumes of books have been written about the identity of G_d. I would not describe him as a thing as that would be an infinitesimal description of him. I recommend you look up Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon's principles of faith for a brief look into the way in which we perceive G_d. Briefly, G_d, in Judaism, is an absolute entity.
the OP asked for emotional support about a god complex, and yet this always turns into a JewvsMuslim/Christian fire storm lol .. (why do you type god as G_d seems hella extra)
Axiomasher
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If a 'thing' is an object or entity not precisely designated or capable of being designated then why does God not qualify for that description? What is meant here by 'absolute'?
username2861570
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If you think about it, we're all God technically.

If it's causing you to be a d*ck, then you gotta work on becoming less egotistical
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Don't intend to persuade you otherwise. Just advice you to be modest to people in your surrounding, if your concern is to cope with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.71%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
16.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (27)
24.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.54%

Watched Threads