New York Fashion/GT Models platform is a SCAM!!!! Watch

Wiked
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you got your money back?
(Original post by Gemlovelock)
Please please can you help me. I think I have been ripped off tonight of £500, and signed a contract for a payment plan of £350 a month for the premier package. I get a 90 day money back guarantee apparently if I get rejected by three jobs. I want to cancel and get my money back. Is there a way I can stop this? Please help me. I’ve realised I’ve made a huge mistake.
Jessariel412
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My sister went to them and paid £550 with a remainder £1425 to pay within 4 months when she has a home and 2 year old son to provide for. They did not once ask about her finances. They don’t care. After leaving we seen all these comments so really has disheartened her and not sure what to do now?
Admit-One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jessariel412)
My sister went to them and paid £550 with a remainder £1425 to pay within 4 months when she has a home and 2 year old son to provide for. They did not once ask about her finances. They don’t care. After leaving we seen all these comments so really has disheartened her and not sure what to do now?
Please see my post from page two of this thread. She may be able to get her money back if she paid by card.
Jessariel412
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I paid by card how can I do this?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Please see my post from page two of this thread. She may be able to get her money back if she paid by card.
tellmethetruth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cancel the card payment
tellmethetruth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cancel it
(Original post by ELA.88)
Hello.can you help me,please. IF I paid the deposit and after that they set up my debit card with 300 every month, during 4 months, i can cancel my card? It can they make something bad after that? Thanks
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I paid by card how can I do this?
Contact the card provider, “hi, I’d like to initiate a chargeback for...” EITHER Fraud (if nothing was received for the money) OR Goods/Services Not As Advertised if you were wildly misled as to what you would receive. They’ll talk you through the process. You may need to fill in some paperwork. You may also need to evidence that you tried to resolve this with the agency, (even if it’s just unanswered calls and emails). Explain clearly why the goods/services were not as described, (otherwise it will just appear that you’ve bought some very expensive photographs and have changed your mind).

Provide as much detail as you can as this information can be seen by the company that provide the scammers with a card payment facility. It will be very concerning to them.
Jessariel412
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The bank are saying I carnt because I entered my pin so I agreed to the transaction
(Original post by tellmethetruth)
Cancel the card payment
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The bank are saying I carnt because I entered my pin so I agreed to the transaction
This is a nonsense response from your bank. You're not claiming that you didn't take part in the transaction, your position is that you were misled as to the nature of the goods/services that you were receiving.

Go back to them and request to chargeback for "goods/services not as described".

Here is a guide:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...rd-chargeback/
Jessariel412
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have done they said once the payment clears from my account I can open a dispute to claim the money back so hopefully I get my money back. Looking back it is disgusting how this company scam people they don’t care about people’s feelings my sister cried with excitement when told she was successful and how they would send her international modelling to then find out it was a scam is disgusting. I hope karma hits them hard. A large group of people affected by this should get together and report them to insure action is taken. Once there is a crime number everyone can add to the crime to make the case bigger.
(Original post by Admit-One)
This is a nonsense response from your bank. You're not claiming that you didn't take part in the transaction, your position is that you were misled as to the nature of the goods/services that you were receiving.

Go back to them and request to chargeback for "goods/services not as described".

Here is a guide:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...rd-chargeback/
Wiked
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Guys,i just got an email from PayPal. I will get my £50 deposit back , worth to try to get your money from these crooks .Good luck 🙏🏿
faith daniel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ELA.88)
Hello.can you help me,please.If i was there, i signed the contract, and I set up my debit card with 350 pounds each month, i can go to the bank and cancel or not? If i can cancel, they can make after that something? Thanks
Please email them to cancel and cancel with your bank its a fraud you will not get any job.
They only sell pictures.
janicemaganji
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please cancel the direct debit right now, They have defrauded hundred of people. They come to you as GT model, promise you great stuff, get you to sign a fake contract, get your money by coercion by saying if you don’t pay right now or sign the contract, the pictures will be deleted and you won’t get the services of the manager who will get the work for you, then they vanish. If you challenge them they say you signed the contract for the photos and not the service.
There is a GT models and NewYork Fashion fraud victims what’s app group. Please contact 07810055910 to join it.
(Original post by faith daniel)
Please email them to cancel and cancel with your bank its a fraud you will not get any job.
They only sell pictures.
janicemaganji
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please cancel the direct debit right now, They have defrauded hundred of people. They come to you as GT model, promise you great stuff, get you to sign a fake contract, get your money by coercion by saying if you don’t pay right now or sign the contract, the pictures will be deleted and you won’t get the services of the manager who will get the work for you, then they vanish. If you challenge them they say you signed the contract for the photos and not the service.
There is a GT models and NewYork Fashion fraud victims what’s app group. Please contact 07810055910 to join it.
(Original post by faith daniel)
They only sell pictures.

(Original post by AdwC)
Never ever trust them!!!

Your dreams will be crushed!!!

They promise they will do the same as modelling agencies, but mention themselves as a “platform” which is legal, so they take no responsibilities for the lies they say to you!!!

It is not right for any company to charge u money for just a test shoot, especially for modelling jobs.

They are absolutely a scam and a fake company. Please do research before you attend the £50 test shoot!!!! Research about the whole company!!!!

When you get chosen by them, they will describe about how the platform works, guarantee that you will get the modelling jobs from high street brands, and earn £1500~£3500 per 8~10 hours.TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Scam Scam Scam!!!!

After your five hour photoshoot, you wait for your assessment. They bring you into a small room and blab on for one and a half hour, asking you over and over again if you’re serious about becoming a model, and say that in order to pass you will need 40 photos out of the 100 plus the photographer took. They will then say you got in, getting your hopes up and all excited.Then comes the scary part. They bring up a price list. On it are the prices for the photos ranging from 10-80 photos, 40 images will cost you around 800 pounds which is BLOODY EXPENSIVE, and the images aren’t even up to industry standards. All this is excluding the portfolio(also around £800) that they will say you will also have to purchase if you want to get noticed by agencies. at the bottom there is an option of a premium package including 50 images, Z -cards and a website that will cost £2000. It is as if they wanted to make you see that if you get this deal everything will go smoothly for you afterwards, you’ll get your dream jobs when it is utter bulls***. They will then say that you will have to make the decision immediately, pressurising you into paying because you wouldn’t want to miss this chance to get into the modelling industry. Then they will get out the contracts for you to sign. They will read the first two contracts to you, but not the third one because it mentions “it has been explained to me that it is my responsibility to send my modelling portfolio to GT Models”. So really, they are only making you pay LOADS for **** photos, and you won’t get any help after you’ve paid. Their website mentioned on PayPal is fake, these are no real names in the studio. They used so many different names on the PayPal, websites and emails to make it hard to track them down.

Please do your research before you attend test photo shoots.

If you realised that you have been scammed, The only way is to quickly let PayPal and your bank step in, and tell them everything. The contract and what they’ve secretly recorded(Yes, they’ve set up a cctv in the assessment room without you knowing)cannot be used as evidence.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...ts-regulations

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...gulations-2008
janicemaganji
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

(Original post by AdwC)
Never ever trust them!!!

Your dreams will be crushed!!!

They promise they will do the same as modelling agencies, but mention themselves as a “platform” which is legal, so they take no responsibilities for the lies they say to you!!!

It is not right for any company to charge u money for just a test shoot, especially for modelling jobs.

They are absolutely a scam and a fake company. Please do research before you attend the £50 test shoot!!!! Research about the whole company!!!!

When you get chosen by them, they will describe about how the platform works, guarantee that you will get the modelling jobs from high street brands, and earn £1500~£3500 per 8~10 hours.TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Scam Scam Scam!!!!

After your five hour photoshoot, you wait for your assessment. They bring you into a small room and blab on for one and a half hour, asking you over and over again if you’re serious about becoming a model, and say that in order to pass you will need 40 photos out of the 100 plus the photographer took. They will then say you got in, getting your hopes up and all excited.Then comes the scary part. They bring up a price list. On it are the prices for the photos ranging from 10-80 photos, 40 images will cost you around 800 pounds which is BLOODY EXPENSIVE, and the images aren’t even up to industry standards. All this is excluding the portfolio(also around £800) that they will say you will also have to purchase if you want to get noticed by agencies. at the bottom there is an option of a premium package including 50 images, Z -cards and a website that will cost £2000. It is as if they wanted to make you see that if you get this deal everything will go smoothly for you afterwards, you’ll get your dream jobs when it is utter bulls***. They will then say that you will have to make the decision immediately, pressurising you into paying because you wouldn’t want to miss this chance to get into the modelling industry. Then they will get out the contracts for you to sign. They will read the first two contracts to you, but not the third one because it mentions “it has been explained to me that it is my responsibility to send my modelling portfolio to GT Models”. So really, they are only making you pay LOADS for **** photos, and you won’t get any help after you’ve paid. Their website mentioned on PayPal is fake, these are no real names in the studio. They used so many different names on the PayPal, websites and emails to make it hard to track them down.

Please do your research before you attend test photo shoots.

If you realised that you have been scammed, The only way is to quickly let PayPal and your bank step in, and tell them everything. The contract and what they’ve secretly recorded(Yes, they’ve set up a cctv in the assessment room without you knowing)cannot be used as evidence.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...ts-regulations

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...gulations-2008
Carliie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was scammed out of £2000 by visual studios also and had loads of agencies contact me but all wanting fees and all had bad reviews also has anyone managed to claim there money back ? X
Jessariel412
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did claim my money back by saying to the bank I paid for the photos and didn’t receive them. The bank set up a dispute and put the money back in my account. The bank tried saying I had received the service as they took the photos but I told them I paid £50 (the deposit) which was for the photos to be taken the £500 I spent towards photos was separate from their service and was solely for the photos which I didn’t receive
janicemaganji
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
scam.
Viorica grigori
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi.I happened a week ago, gave them £ 1975, did you solve this problem somehow, got your money back?😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads