New York Fashion/GT Models platform is a SCAM!!!! Watch

Suck your mum123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This company has a VAT number and is register at company’s house. If a scam they would not be registered.
Suck your mum123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have been to this modelling studio and it’s 100% real.
(Original post by Suck your mum123)
Bull ****! This company has a VAT number and is register at company’s house. If a scam they would not be registered.
gobliniknow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I wouldn't be surprised if you work with them
Bull ****! This company has a VAT number and is register at company’s house. If a scam they would not be registered.
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This a complete nonsense. It’s BETTER for them to register as a limited company as A) they then aren’t personally liable for debt and B) there are tax benefits for doing so. Please do not wade into something which you know nothing about.

No one is doubting whether the business is physically there and taking photos so your visit proves nothing. The issue here is whether their service is worth 5 months of DD payments. (Spoiler: It isn’t.)

I would be interested to know how much you paid and what modelling work you got as a result?

Edited: Getting my dodgy photo studio threads muddled.
Last edited by Admit-One; 4 months ago
Suck your mum123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
did you get a new york fashion agency agreement and your own modelling manager who left all their details and emailed you back?
(Original post by Admit-One)
This a complete nonsense. It’s BETTER for them to register as a limited company as A) they then aren’t personally liable for debt and B) there are tax benefits for doing so. Please do not wade into something which you know nothing about.

No one is doubting whether the business is physically there and taking photos so your visit proves nothing. The issue here is whether their service is worth 5 months of DD payments. (Spoiler: It isn’t.)

I would be interested to know how much you paid and what modelling work you got as a result?

Suck your mum123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
if i could ask what was the name of the asseser you had to tell you whether you was unsuccseeful or succseeful
(Original post by gobliniknow)
I wouldn't be surprised if you work with them
Suck your mum123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
so did you apply for UR models? and if you did go and became successful then did they give you any sorts of forms because when my friends daughter went, they became successful and go a models number, asking for certain measurements and what sizes the person fits into.Did they send you a model manager with there contact details.What did you do after you got 'scammed' because i would like to know.Did you get your money back?
(Original post by Admit-One)

Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
did you get a new york fashion agency agreement and your own modelling manager who left all their details and emailed you back?
I am not gullible enough to attend this or any other agency that would charge for a photo portfolio and then submitting it to agencies on my behalf. I have a lot of experience in dealing with the fallout of these scammers however.

I'll assume good faith and repeat my question, I would be interested to know how much you (or your friends daughter) paid and what modelling work was received as a result?
Foxy001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello ALL, OMG- we were scammed in the same way. My daughter applied to UR Models, we had a call back from
Foxy001
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Please please people avoid UR Models and New York Fashion Photography, 199 Wardour Street- they are scammers!!
Suck your mum123
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i have spoken to the fraud police and they are looking into it, i got scammed myself, unfortunately i did not get my money back.
gobliniknow
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Wow, Suck you mum123 tell us what happened. You must have an interesting story, especially after the messages you sent in this group before. I've jotted them down here, so I can understand what happened. :cool:

"This company has a VAT number and is register at company’s house. If a scam they would not be registered."

"I have been to this modelling studio and it’s 100% real."

"did you get a new york fashion agency agreement and your own modelling manager who left all their details and emailed you back?"

"if i could ask what was the name of the asseser you had to tell you whether you was unsuccseeful or succseeful."

"so did you apply for UR models? and if you did go and became successful then did they give you any sorts of forms because when my friends daughter went, they became successful and go a models number, asking for certain measurements and what sizes the person fits into.Did they send you a model manager with there contact details.What did you do after you got 'scammed' because i would like to know.Did you get your money back?"
Anette A-xy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mr T.T)
I got ripped off too by NYF& GT Models and trying to get my money back - They think they are smart ripping people off here and there they had audacity to say i signed but what you all need to know is that it was signed in a NOISY INCOHERENT, PRESSURIZING/ UNDER SOME DURESS environment; all set up to confuse,,,Thus by the time you do 4-6 hrs of tiresome photo shoot there you will be tired, somewhat convinced and then bought out with the power of persuasive lies but under the sales of goods and services act if it is not explained/ described well you should be entitled to your money back (The onus is on us to explain why though) and there are other laws they are clearly breaking too (The noise, getting you to fill a questionnaire ahead of the end of the interview process - I mean who would **** off a prospective employer)...In my case i didn't even have my credit card and they persuaded me to call home to get this and spurred me on to get more credit cards to pay remainder even if it meant me being in Debt - Now that is wrong too! .

I am definitely happy for any one who wants a to try in getting their money back to join me in the court fight against them - (The More the merrier because i have the mother of evidences which i cannot disclose here and the court will see how plenty we are)
They have been ding this for a long time and are experts at professional thieving! This is why they have noise, watch you everywhere and get you to leave your mobiles behind.
Hi,
I'm happy o join you. Please let me know how I can get in touch.
Aimee-leigh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have been done this week I am trying to get this to court an get money back form bank .what was out come of yours ?
pearl_25
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys!! I have had a call from 'Identity Management' this morning and they claimed they want to do a 'test shoot' for me so they can decide whether I am successful or not so I can then get a gateway to work with different modelling agencies. I was asked for £50 deposit which is refundable after the test shoot. I received a couple of emails which doesn't seem to have any signature on it. The company is registered as 'Lost Media Limited' under Reg no. 09848881 and I have done my research to check under companies house it appears to be a dormant company with '£1 investment'. I have read heaps of your comments so thanks for this forum I just wanted to know am I understanding this correctly this is defiantly a 'SCAM'. But still taking my chances to write here to see what you have to say and are there any any chances of it being genuine (hate when someone plays like this with your DREAMS with ugly SCAMS!!!). Please advise.
username4962148
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I’ve been scammed too I think did they give a model manager. Will you be kind enough to contact me please. 07890820007. I’ve been trying to contact this agent for the last three days.
Matlinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey would you mind contacting me privately so I can discuss this matter further I’ve had the same
J12367
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I went to the New York fashion studio with them in London earlier this year, got my £50 refund back but again I was successful but as soon as they tell you that like you the price list comes out at like £500 for 10 photos up to around £2k! About to go to Lotus Models tomorrow again for a test shoot, anyone used them before? Again if it comes up pricey then I won't be bothering to pay for the photos
Ccciuma
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For all who get scammed and paid with debit card, go to your branch and ask them to initiate a chargebach, explain them the whole situation and they will help you to get your money back, this is what happened to me and fortunately with success!
Verified2link
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was recently scanned too and they sent me the so called portfolio with horrible pictures. How are we going to fight them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (89)
66.42%
No (45)
33.58%

Watched Threads