The Student Room Group

Student finance for UK citizen living in the EU

Hi. My son is a UK passport holder whose family have exercised their right to settle in the EU, so our permanent residential address is in Italy. Can anyone advise how he can apply for student finance to support his upcoming PGCE course in England later this year? We can't find any guidance for a UK citizen living in the EU. Many thanks!
Original post by Wouldbeteacher
Hi. My son is a UK passport holder whose family have exercised their right to settle in the EU, so our permanent residential address is in Italy. Can anyone advise how he can apply for student finance to support his upcoming PGCE course in England later this year? We can't find any guidance for a UK citizen living in the EU. Many thanks!

Hi,

To be eligible for Student Finance England as a home student your son must have been ordinarily resident in Italy (in general EEA or Switzerland) for the 3 year period prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course (I assume it would be 01/09/2019 for your son), and will be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first term of his course (in September 2019). In these circumstances, your son who is a UK national must have been ordinarily resident in England, prior to exercising their right to reside and provide a breakdown of his residency details since birth.

If you need more clarrification about this I would recommend sending us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so we can look into this for you in depth. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Shahrzad
Many thanks for your reply. The main problem is that there is a lot of accessible information about applying for finance if a the student is a European passport holder living in the UK - but not the other way round. I will contact you further by private message as you suggest . Much appreciated.....
Original post by Wouldbeteacher
Many thanks for your reply. The main problem is that there is a lot of accessible information about applying for finance if a the student is a European passport holder living in the UK - but not the other way round. I will contact you further by private message as you suggest . Much appreciated.....

Hi,

You're most welcome! Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Shahrzad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending