The Student Room Group

Super-gonorrhoea spread causes concern

Sexual health doctors are concerned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46809526
Being a virgin has it's advantages.

Who's laughing now!
I read that for some bacteria, our anti-biotics may initially almost wipe out a bacteria, but the bacteria can often end up stronger than before (i.e. evolving to become resistant to the anti-biotics does not always mean they compromise on other areas).

Imagine if the post-modern world ends up with more aggressive disease than the pre-industrial world.
Reply 3
Original post by AngeryPenguin
I read that for some bacteria, our anti-biotics may initially almost wipe out a bacteria, but the bacteria can often end up stronger than before (i.e. evolving to become resistant to the anti-biotics does not always mean they compromise on other areas).

Imagine if the post-modern world ends up with more aggressive disease than the pre-industrial world.
Reply 4
Original post by AngeryPenguin

It's possible. We sort of live in a bubble thinking something like this isn't going to happen to us but there's a possibility it might and that's a terrifying thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending