?
Report 1 year ago
Need to be more specific.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it's what the people want but not what the politicians want tbh people should just wear yellow vests and protest from now on
Fayeeeee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Need to be more specific.
Do you support the idea of it or believe it will ruin us ?
zainabxxo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't wanna leave, Teresa may does my headinnnnnnnn, I want Corbynn
zainabxxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Prices will rise and so will taxes
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fayeeeee)
Do you support the idea of it or believe it will ruin us ?
I support Britain’s departure from the EU
Fayeeeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
I support Britain’s departure from the EU
And why is that?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And why is that?
I am not a fan of the EU and don’t think we should be a part of it.
Fayeeeee
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Andrew97;81355812]I am not a fan of the EU and don’t think we should be a part of it.[/]
But why?
Last edited by Fayeeeee; 1 year ago
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What about our trading with the EU?
You can trade with the EU while not being a member of it.
jameswhughes
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zainabxxo)
I don't wanna leave, Teresa may does my headinnnnnnnn, I want Corbynn
Would that be Jeremy Corbyn the eurosceptic or are you talking about someone else?
username2703735
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think a lot of scare tactics are in play from the remainers. Certainly brexit has not been handled as the dazzling success many imagined negotiations would be.
But ultimately we are one of three main net contributors to the EU - they have far more to lose from us leaving than we do.
There are lots of statistics like we have to import around 30% of our food from them being bandied about, this means nothing. Do you think as soon as we leave the EU we can no longer buy food from them? Or just purchase more from elsewhere?
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VMD100)
I think a lot of scare tactics are in play from the remainers. Certainly brexit has not been handled as the dazzling success many imagined negotiations would be.
But ultimately we are one of three main net contributors to the EU - they have far more to lose from us leaving than we do.
There are lots of statistics like we have to import around 30% of our food from them being bandied about, this means nothing. Do you think as soon as we leave the EU we can no longer buy food from them? Or just purchase more from elsewhere?
Ultimately it has come down to does the PM mean what she’s said all along. Vote my deal down and a no deal brexit will happen or will I flap it and play for more time or ask the electorate again with an option to remain.
Last edited by paul514; 1 year ago
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So the MPs "defeat" May twice in parliament. Don't they know the EU won't budge on anything lol, they must be laughing at our politicians' indecision
username2703735
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
So the MPs "defeat" May twice in parliament. Don't they know the EU won't budge on anything lol, they must be laughing at our politicians' indecision
The difference between MP's accepting Mays deal - which involves a 40 billion breakaway payment
Or not accepting meaning a no deal brexit where we don't have to pay that.
The EU knows just how good we have things negotiations wise, once we leave the collapse of the EU is inevitable.
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It all just becomes trickier, checks on food, animal and plant products delay the delivery process and of course some of the products/items etc have a limited shelf life- fresh fruit devalues by the hour as was highlighted in a Treasury Committee meeting last March with representatives from the cross channel ports and Eurotunnel.

Currently we are not particularly set up to deal with the volume that travels between the UK and the EU that in the event of a no deal would likely require checks, and of course the risk of our abandoning all checks on imported food products to ease supply will then arise when harmful food does, as it eventually will, become inserted into the food chain.

Reading something like Richard North's blog (and he is a leaver who has written a complete plan, Flexcit, as to how the process could have been done) gives one a technical appreciation of some of the issues, here is one such link from his websites archive, he produces very detailed and technical analysis and has a particular background in this area whilst also having devoted years of his life to understanding the EU and its structures.

A very recent blog on foodstuffs, this together with aviation, JIT and other facets has been discussed regularly

http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87111

His original Flexcit plan as a way of leaving the EU in a less destructive manner, it is pretty lengthy.

http://www.eureferendum.com/documents/flexcit.pdf

Now I frankly think the whole thing is a nonsense, I really do not expect any meaningful benefits from leaving the EU, I see most of the purported advantages as a mirage, however I recognise that what he, a Leave Supporter, writes is considered, balanced, non sensationalist and is really worth reading for anyone who wants to go beyond the pap issued by the mainstream media and the political groupings feeding them that pap.

If, having read just one of his blogs, you or other Student Room readers consider what he writes worth reading, the archive button on the top of his home screen contains links to each and every one of his blogs, as a Remainer I have been reading them every day since last year and can really recommend.
TommyDH
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think liberty and sovereignty are great things. Can't wait until Britain leaves the evil tyrannical EU. Maybe ancient freedoms such as the right to free speech will return to these islands afterwards when we have control of our own government and laws.
DJKL
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The difference between MP's accepting Mays deal - which involves a 40 billion breakaway payment
Or not accepting meaning a no deal brexit where we don't have to pay that.
The EU knows just how good we have things negotiations wise, once we leave the collapse of the EU is inevitable.
What trade deals do you think we might strike either with the EU or anyone else if we do not pay our existing commitments under our existing , in effect, trade deal with the EU. Non payment (Albeit the figure will possibly be less as I think it is currently calculated based through to the end of 2020) would imho be extremely penny wise pound foolish in the longer term.
DJKL
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TommyDH)
I think liberty and sovereignty are great things. Can't wait until Britain leaves the evil tyrannical EU. Maybe ancient freedoms such as the right to free speech will return to these islands afterwards when we have control of our own government and laws.
Can you name a particular EU piece of legislation that currently impacts upon our freedom of speech or is your statement merely gleaned from the tabloids?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.84%
No (191)
47.16%

Watched Threads