The Student Room Group

BIKING are these cities friendly : Liverpool, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Nottingham

In the US we have many, many cities with very bike friendly lanes..when I view videos of UK I don't even see people on a bike!! Ugh!
what's the situation? Do you bike ride, just not in designated bike lanes? or do many of you not bike cuz it can be super dangerous in non bike friendly cities?

Maybe you just bike around campus there and back? I see bike stands on uni accommodations. Maybe there are biking trails around parks?

I am going to bike at all?
(if you mean bicycle)
If you bike on the road I can already tell you, you will be disrespected. Not many people tolerate bikers, I agree just because they can get in the way a lot - as long as you are a responsible cycler you should be completely fine.

(Im in Liverpool btw).
Reply 2
Original post by sparkylab
In the US we have many, many cities with very bike friendly lanes..when I view videos of UK I don't even see people on a bike!! Ugh!
what's the situation? Do you bike ride, just not in designated bike lanes? or do many of you not bike cuz it can be super dangerous in non bike friendly cities?

Maybe you just bike around campus there and back? I see bike stands on uni accommodations. Maybe there are biking trails around parks?

I am going to bike at all?

Big uni cities are usually more cycle friendly, Oxford and Cambridge are almost exclusively bikes (no kidding) but some cities aren't the best.
Nottingham is somewhat cycle friendly... somewhat..
Reply 4
People hate cyclists but there are hundreds per day in/around Liverpool city centre. I haven't noticed many in Cardiff when I've been there, but loads in Notts when I have been there.

Shedloads of patks etc in Liverpool if you fancy greenery, and if you head out of the city there are even more opportunities up Ormskirk way and even out towards St Helens.
Reply 5
Original post by gjd800
People hate cyclists but there are hundreds per day in/around Liverpool city centre. I haven't noticed many in Cardiff when I've been there, but loads in Notts when I have been there.

Shedloads of patks etc in Liverpool if you fancy greenery, and if you head out of the city there are even more opportunities up Ormskirk way and even out towards St Helens.

i get it....
thanks for the areas, noted them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending