Do I need both Foundation and Higher tier revision guides?

Watch
The_Architect
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a slightly older student that hasn't done many GCSEs, so I'm not sure how exactly the concept of revision or studying this stuff works, but I'm studying for Higher Tier GCSE Maths, and thinking of getting this revision guide:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/REVISE-Edex.../dp/1447988094

Firstly, can someone confirm that this is the most current revision guide I can get - i.e. is 2015 the latest specification? According to Pearson's website, that's the latest one they've released, and I doubt they're behind, but maybe they are I don't know.

Secondly, and mainly, if I buy this will it have all of the important Foundation tier content on it? I'm currently at a Foundation tier level (last grade was a D) and I'm trying to build myself up to a grade 9 - does this mean I'll need to buy and study both revision guides? Help is much appreciated, thank you.
biojane
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can’t help re whether it’s the most current, but i can say that just the higher one will be fine! It works through the whole syllabus, including the foundation content 👍🏻 good luck, all the best
The_Architect
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by biojane)
Can’t help re whether it’s the most current, but i can say that just the higher one will be fine! It works through the whole syllabus, including the foundation content 👍🏻 good luck, all the best
Hi, thanks for the reply, have you used this particular revision guide before?
Yemto
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The_Architect)
I'm a slightly older student that hasn't done many GCSEs, so I'm not sure how exactly the concept of revision or studying this stuff works, but I'm studying for Higher Tier GCSE Maths, and thinking of getting this revision guide:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/REVISE-Edex.../dp/1447988094

Firstly, can someone confirm that this is the most current revision guide I can get - i.e. is 2015 the latest specification? According to Pearson's website, that's the latest one they've released, and I doubt they're behind, but maybe they are I don't know.

Secondly, and mainly, if I buy this will it have all of the important Foundation tier content on it? I'm currently at a Foundation tier level (last grade was a D) and I'm trying to build myself up to a grade 9 - does this mean I'll need to buy and study both revision guides? Help is much appreciated, thank you.
That's definitely the newest specification, anything labelled grades 9-1 will be for the newest one (so yes, the ones with teaching from 2015 and exams from 2017). I don't think you'll need to buy both books, they're meant to be complete revision guides so contain everything from the basics onwards. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise