This discussion is closed.
Rii360
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have received an interview but have no idea how to prepare. What type of knowledge do we need for the teamwork part? What do they usually ask you to do during the teamwork session? Also will I need to show any scientific knowledge (like is it worth going over some biology or something) as I’m a gap year student so A-levels aren’t really fresh in my head
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You'd be better off asking in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5688962 BUT

(Original post by Rii360)
...What type of knowledge do we need for the teamwork part? What do they usually ask you to do during the teamwork session?
No one is really going to tell you the specifics. It will be unfair for other people who didn't know this, isn't it?

If you wanted to prepare, go on interview prep websites and look up their templates.

Also will I need to show any scientific knowledge (like is it worth going over some biology or something) as I’m a gap year student so A-levels aren’t really fresh in my head
Usually no.

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/stud...ss/#3interview

Stage 3: Multiple mini interviews

No applicant will be offered a place without being interviewed in person. The Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) will usually be held in January and February. The exact timing of the MMI days will vary from year to year but we aim to give applicants two weeks’ notice of their MMI date.

The MMI consists of 12-14 different 'stations', most of which will be 5 minutes long. Some stations will consist of a short interview, where you may be asked questions about your career choice, work experience or suitability for a medical career. At others, you may be asked to read a short paragraph or watch a short video clip, take some notes and then discuss at a subsequent station. An additional 20 minute station will involve group work and will assess your suitability for our problem-based learning curriculum. Applicants who are selected for interview will be sent detailed information prior to their interview. The applicant’s performance at each station is assessed by trained interviewers, against clearly defined criteria. Interviewers include members of University staff, NHS clinicians, local GPs, patients and public representatives, and medical students.

Applicants are assessed at each station and given a score for their performance at that station. The station scores are summed and applicants ranked according to their overall MMI score. Those with the highest score will be made an offer of a place to study medicine. All offers are conditional upon being deemed Fit to Practice (stage 4).

Remember it is against TSR and Lancaster Med School's rules to reveal interview questions / specific details. The worst that could happen is that your interview or offers are withdrawn - this applies to both the people who knew the questions / scenarios and the people disclosing them!
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (91)
50%
No (91)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed