The Student Room Group

funding for a second degree

when i began my degree studying with open university in prison i was under transitional funding. Through no fault of my own i lost the funding and took a student loan to complete the final 3 modules. Would i now be eligable for funding to start a civil engineering degree through an external university???
Original post by Gpowell89
when i began my degree studying with open university in prison i was under transitional funding. Through no fault of my own i lost the funding and took a student loan to complete the final 3 modules. Would i now be eligable for funding to start a civil engineering degree through an external university???

Hi there,

Do you already hold a qualification from your previous course?

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi there,

Do you already hold a qualification from your previous course?

Thanks, Chanel

at present no, however i am currently completing the final 60 points. someone earlier handed me a brochure for a 24+ advanced learner lone which,as i understand, allows a learner up to four seperate loansl. would this be applicable to a second degree?
regards gareth
Reply 3
hi, not at present, a higher national certificate was awarded for an earlier module but im studying towards an open degree
Original post by Gpowell89
hi, not at present, a higher national certificate was awarded for an earlier module but im studying towards an open degree

Hi, at the end of this course you will have a degree and this would class as an equivilant or lower qualification to the next course and this would mean we wouldnt be able to award funding for the next course. Thanks, Aaron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending