The Student Room Group

My 10 and 11 year old step brothers are already taller than me (18M 4'11)

Hi guys,

As a 4'11 18 year old guy was done growing, obviously I'm short.

But now, my step brothers are 11 and 10, and are 5'3 and 5'5 respectively. Their dad is obviously way taller than my dad and they're still growing. Its likely they'll both me almost a foot and a half taller than me when they're done growing, and it's bad already.

I feel like their little brother as they're both way stronger than me and therefore somewhat dominate me, especially together.

How can I feel less dominated by them and stand my ground more?
Have Horlicks or complan.....every day.....
Reply 2
Ffs
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

As a 4'11 18 year old guy was done growing, obviously I'm short.

But now, my step brothers are 11 and 10, and are 5'3 and 5'5 respectively. Their dad is obviously way taller than my dad and they're still growing. Its likely they'll both me almost a foot and a half taller than me when they're done growing, and it's bad already.

I feel like their little brother as they're both way stronger than me and therefore somewhat dominate me, especially together.

How can I feel less dominated by them and stand my ground more?

become a powerlifter or learn martial arts
Pretend you're George from Of Mice And Men and they're Lenny
Own it.
It's highly unlikely you can change the situation so worrying about it will not make it any easier or better.
Accepting it and finding your own personal benefits from it will help but making it a strong part of you is a step forward.
Original post by Pugglet
become a powerlifter or learn martial arts

nothing weirder than a muscular little person
Original post by Bang Outta Order

what a answer bro......
Reply 8

Short people have an advantage for powerlifting
may as well use it
Original post by Pugglet
Short people have an advantage for powerlifting
may as well use it

:rofl: is that so
:rofl: is that so

I've found that :curious:
Don't have to move the weight as far
Reply 11
It’s so disrespectful when your younger siblings are taller than you.
Yikes
Reply 13

Made me laugh, thanks 😂 So true
You need to be confident in yourself, both with your body and personality. You can assert authority over people no matter how tall you are - or all bosses would be massive! You're an adult, and shouldn't be letting a 10 year old intimidate you, no matter how tall they are. Their physical stature doesn't change the fact that they are children, with little life experience, and no right to boss you around etc. I don't know what your relationship with them is, but I think any trouble you might be having is likely more to do with your own insecurity rather than being anything to do with their actual height directly. Forget them (in this respect, not in general) and focus on how you feel abou yourself.
Original post by Ciel.
Made me laugh, thanks 😂 So true

cant rep boo xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending