Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SaintMotel98365)
If by ‘a trans’ you mean a trans person then yes I would
(Original post by Obolinda)
Yes
The only two yessss in this thread.
I know most people wouldn’t want to but I think it’s impressive how open you are.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nintysixthousand
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
No cos I'm not gay.

I don't care what people do with their lives, if they wanna be trans then go ahead, it doesn't affect me. But I wouldn't date a trans person because they are male. Yes, they may claim that they are ''female'', but they were born with male genitalia therefore they are male.
theres a difference between gender and sex. Sex is your chromosomes and genitalia. Gender is what people identify as, and the norms society inflicts on a gender eg girls have longer hair and boys should like football and should be aggressive
if someone is female, thats their gender, and it has nothing to do with their genitalia.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
theres a difference between gender and sex. Sex is your chromosomes and genitalia. Gender is what people identify as, and the norms society inflicts on a gender eg girls have longer hair and boys should like football and should be aggressive
if someone is female, thats their gender, and it has nothing to do with their genitalia.
If that's the case, then I identify as Thomas the Tank Engine
Last edited by JoshDarnIt; 1 week ago
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
you cant change your gender/sex. end of story. bye
yes. because gender is sex. and isn't it funny how people just..stole the word "gender"? like it was this vacant, unoccupied entity, reserved for taking and turning into something else, when it's always been interchangeable with "sex". Now its "not." God, this world.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
you cant change your gender/sex. end of story. bye
If they look like a girl( both inside and out) it’s a girl, the same if they are a guy
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
you went savage

I think it's psychotic. And most people's sexual preferences aren't about impressing random strangers.
Lol, I didn't mean it disrespectully, I'm just speaking my truth
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Lol, I didn't mean it disrespectully, I'm just speaking my truth
I need to be like you. Speak my mind without being aggressive. Im too hitlerian and trumpy.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it's psychotic. And most people's sexual preferences aren't about impressing random strangers.
I personally have no opinion on it. Maybe it’s weird to some people but a lot of things are wierd in life. Sometimes, they get too weird so you feel uncomfortable and sometimes, It’s harmless like this.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Professional G)
I personally have no opinion on it. Maybe it’s weird to some people but a lot of things are wierd in life. Sometimes, they get too weird so you feel uncomfortable and sometimes, It’s harmless like this.
This is largely my take on it, too. Live and let live.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's not harmless. just because it's not violent it doesn't mean it's not harmless. mind****ing an entire generation for self righteous devious needs of 0.01% of all humanity is very, very harmful, and people losing their jobs and reputations and survival over misspeaking on this issue is disgustingly cruel.
So you’re saying that it’s their fault because some people don’t understand and say dumb things and lose their jobs? Ever heard of tolerating, respecting people decisions? They signed a contract to respect customers and employees so if they don’t, isn’t it right they face the consequences.
Victim blaming really?
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I need to be like you. Speak my mind without being aggressive. Im too hitlerian and trumpy.
I'm sure you'll get there
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gjd800)
This is largely my take on it, too. Live and let live.
it's not harmless. just because it's not violent it doesn't mean it's harmless. mind****ing an entire generation for self righteous devious needs of 0.01% of all humanity is very, very harmful, and people losing their jobs and reputations and survival over misspeaking on this issue is disgustingly cruel.
that's what I'll say but the more self centred kind don't get it. "it doesnt affect me so it's fine." eugh. And honestly all over the threads you say "it doesnt matter to me."
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Professional G)
Victim blaming really?
LOL done. Nice try. Immature buzz words means I'm moving on to someone else.
nekoremusic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd be open to it but most likely be massively turned off by their voice. also I imagine id feel embarrassed and worry about what friends/family think
I think it's a legit concern, though I'm not that judgemental of trans I wouldn't cope with people judging me.
surprisingly the penis is the least of my concerns, it's just an organ, I'd only feel repulsed if it were attached to a man
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
that's what I'll say but the more self centred kind don't get it. "it doesnt affect me so it's fine." eugh. And honestly all over the threads you say "it doesnt matter to me."
It doesn't really make any difference to me what somebody identifies as or what they are or are not. The trans activism side is different to that and is separable from trans people at large. There are some issues with the trans lobby, and I've seen campaigns against people I know and work with in philosophy depts because of this very issue, so thinking that trans people should be let alone to live their life free of harassment and also thinking that the current trajectory of trans activism is silly/counter-productive is not contradictory.
Gwil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
I agree with your first point (although it's just a matter of semantics really), but I would challenge your last sentence. Male and female are scientific terms which refer to an individual's sex. Female, adj: "of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes".

The idea that if you are a girl who fits the typical male gender role then you aren't female anymore (and vice versa) is a worrying symptom of a society that is obsessed with gender norms.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gjd800)
It doesn't really make any difference to me what somebody identifies as or what they are or are not. The trans activism side is different to that and is separable from trans people at large. There are some issues with the trans lobby, and I've seen campaigns against people I know and work with in philosophy depts because of this very issue, so thinking that trans people should be let alone to live their life free of harassment and also thinking that the current trajectory of trans activism is silly/counter-productive is not contradictory.
doesn't make any difference "to me". exactly. it's not about you buddy. this is a social issue therefore it's about the greater good and long term, not you. seriously, step outside your head for 5 seconds and think about others and the world at large and how a cavalier, apathetic, indifferent and detached attitude disguised with "neutrality" is actually useless and more dangerous than an intolerant one.I have no idea what and why you're talking about harassment at your personal workplace but in the grand scheme of things trans "rights" has become less about "equality" and more about dogmatism and propaganda and fear mongering people away from differing opinions. That's what digsusts me with any social issue, more so than the subject itself.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
LOL done. Nice try. Immature buzz words means I'm moving on to someone else.
I wrote a paragraph about why I think your point has flaws yet you only quoted three words?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Professional G k
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (845)
80.63%
Leave (203)
19.37%

Watched Threads