Just finished Paper 1 of Edexcel IGCSE Physics 4PH0/1P Watch

RayaanK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I found it quite well. I would say the hardest question was the last page There was nothing about moments and only one question about density. There probably will be a lot about moments and also the pressure density equation in paper 2.
Nimzlol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What did you write in the resistance question
Eden124
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I messed up the radioactivity questions
RayaanK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nimzlol)
What did you write in the resistance question
It was the hardest one I think. I wrote that the gradient = 1/R. Resistance increases as voltage increases because as voltage increases current increases therefore temperature increases which means that the particles in the filament vibrate more which increases the resistance. I used data from the graph.
RayaanK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eden124)
I messed up the radioactivity questions
Sources: I wrote radon gas and cosmic radiation. The tube is the Geiger-Müller tube. The experiment: measure radiation without source. Repeat and take average. Measure with source. Repeat and take average. Subtract bg from answer. Final answer
Nimzlol
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What did you write for the question about what happens to the density of the material... ? I can’t remember exactly
RayaanK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nimzlol)
What did you write for the question about what happens to the density of the material... ? I can’t remember exactly
I wrote that the density of the material does not change because density is affected only by mass and volume. Then I quoted the density equation: d=m/V
Kate23456712
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RayaanK)
I wrote that the density of the material does not change because density is affected only by mass and volume. Then I quoted the density equation: d=m/V
What are the grade boundaries ?
RayaanK
Rep:
?
Just finished paper 2. It was very easy. The only hard question was the one about the transformer heating up.

They said that the transformer was 100% efficient.

Question:
The student notices that the transformer heats up a little. Explain what happens to the input voltage. Secondary current and voltage remain the same. (2)
Jonathan Ares
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just finished paper 2. It was very easy. The only hard question was the one about the transformer heating up.

They said that the transformer was 100% efficient.

Question:
The student notices that the transformer heats up a little. Explain what happens to the input voltage. Secondary current and voltage remain the same. (2)
What did you write about the wavelength of sound waves?
RayaanK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonathan Ares)
I wrote since the speed decreases and frequency remains constant, wavelength decreases because speed=freq*wavelength
RayaanK
Rep:
?
What did you write for the transformer thing
Jonathan Ares
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wrote since the speed decreases and frequency remains constant, wavelength decreases because speed=freq*wavelength
I wrote the same thing. Just hopin it’s correct!
Jonathan Ares
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What did you write for the transformer thing
The transformer is not much efficient now. Input current increases as resistance increases but input voltage remains same. Not sure it’s right duh
RayaanK
Rep:
?
The transformer is not much efficient now. Input current increases as resistance increases but input voltage remains same. Not sure it’s right duh
I wrote that but then I crossed it out and wrote that it remains the same because they said that secondary current and voltage remain the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.1%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.46%
No, but I want to start (261)
37.77%
No, I am unable to (163)
23.59%
No, I chose not to (194)
28.08%