The Student Room Group

How to reply to "I miss talking to you"

What do u say back??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends on the context. How long has it been since you last spoke? And your relationship with the person.
I don’t?
I wanna have your babies
"**** off crank" is my usual one
Reply 5
Original post by tmahmud3
Depends on the context. How long has it been since you last spoke? And your relationship with the person.

Friends, about a few weeks ago. I don't really feel like talking to anyone rn so can't just say miss talking to you too. So what do I say?
Reply 6
Original post by Simbasoul
I don’t?

Surely that would ruin the friendship?
Do you miss talking to them? If so, reply "me too". If not, reply something like "the time we spent talking meant a lot to me, and I appreciate the friendship we had". Or, if they were an idiot to you, ignore it completely.

Pretty easy really.
Reply 8
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Do you miss talking to them? If so, reply "me too". If not, reply something like "the time we spent talking meant a lot to me, and I appreciate the friendship we had". Or, if they were an idiot to you, ignore it completely.

Pretty easy really.

I don't tbh. But it's nothing personal, just donmt want to talk to anyone rn. And no we are still friends so why would i say that.
Reply 9
Ehm Im a guy.
Original post by Anonymous
What do u say back??

"Oof"

jk don't say that - idk just be honest with how you feel :smile: If you wanna keep talking then tell them you wanna sort things out between y'all, but if not, then let them down lightly
(edited 5 years ago)
hahahaha ohh i thought you guys had beef or smth, mmm I guess you could just be honest? Just say you've been a little out of it lately. I get that too sometimes, and I just say that I havent been feeling well and people just brush it off x
Reply 12
'Oh well'
Yeah :smile: no problem. Tell me how it goes!
I don't tbh. But it's nothing personal, just donmt want to talk to anyone rn. And no we are still friends so why would i say that.

I don't know why you're saying "why would I say that" when I gave you three options depending on your situation.

But if you don't want to talk to anyone just say it's nothing personal, I just don't really want to talk to anyone right now. Literally what you've just said above.

You don't have an obligation to talk to anyone you don't want to.
Friends, about a few weeks ago. I don't really feel like talking to anyone rn so can't just say miss talking to you too. So what do I say?

Well maybe:

"I miss talking to you too..." for politeness or just as "thanks"

then:

"I'm unfortunately not doing too great right now so don't really feel like talking to anyone. It's nothing personal, I hope you understand. I hope you've been well."

Nothing like a bit of honesty. It's not bad to feel like you need some alone time. A friend will always (hopefully) respect that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending